Uxbridge boat centre. Need some opinions

Rebeccas Mum

Featured Posts

Boat repairs cost money, stern gear work involves dry dock/lifting out etc along with repairs or replacement with associated welding and other costs.

If you use Uxbridge, you can be sure they know exactly what they are doing and will do a professional and lasting repair.

As a boatyard within the London perimeter, they are probably a long way from the most expensive.

However, it will not be done to someones budget, it will be done to what it costs.

If you use UBC, try not to go in the chandlery.

You'll spend ALL DAY in there, so much interesting stock do they have, AND you'll feel driven to clean out the bank account buying at least half of it...

I second the above statement.

Do Not, repeat, Do Not Go In The Chandlery....

don't ask me how I know this.....

sob

The chandlery is excellent but expensive when compared with others such as Midland Chandlers. On the yard side i know several people who have had less than ideal experiences when dealing with them. Could expand via PM

Frank

I bought an engine, which required some work, from them and was very pleased with their service. Since then, Peter Thompson has retired and new people (forum members if I am not mistaken) have taken over. I have heard nothing negative about them since.

I bought an engine, which required some work, from them and was very pleased with their service. Since then, Peter Thompson has retired and new people (forum members if I am not mistaken) have taken over. I have heard nothing negative about them since.

I always assumed that Marine Engine Services (was Peter Thompson) and Uxbridge Boat Centre were separate businesses albeit working out of the same yard.

Tim

Marine Engine Services ( Peter Thompson) is and was an independent business who rented premises at Uxbridge Boat Centre

Initially Peter moved the Lister spares business to Eskdale Road , but continued to run the workshop from the end of the UBC yard

This was then closed down and Dan Hollands took over separate premises at UBC and became the in house engineer.

The current engineer in residence is ex High Line Yachting ( IIRC) BUT as always they run their own company and are not solely working for UBC

---

Alan Boswell of UBC runs the yard side and controls aspects of docking, steelwork etc

Hope this clears it all up

Chris

( Ex Marine Engine Services)

• Greenie 2

What did you write on the cheque? This should have alerted you!

As this was in 2001 (I bought a Rigas Dizelis engine from them) I really can't remember, and I don't keep my cheque book stubs for as long as that.