R.I.P. Steve Miles

Featured Posts

Very sad news. We saw Steve for much of a couple of days only three months ago, when he was in Audlem for the Gathering of Historic Boats - with his 5 litre old American car. That was his other passion, and he probably had written more books on American cars than he had canal novels. Of course, he wrote novels on other subjects too - quite a prolific author. We have lost another character of the waterways.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked Up From Facebook:

I don't think this has been reported on here, but some sad news. Steve Miles, former IWA Northampton Branch committee member, long time supporter and, of course, also the author of several canal novels under the name Geoffrey Lewis passed away a few days ago.

Tim

Picked Up From Facebook:

I don't think this has been reported on here, but some sad news. Steve Miles, former IWA Northampton Branch committee member, long time supporter and, of course, also the author of several canal novels under the name Geoffrey Lewis passed away a few days ago.

Tim

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=88391&p=1915625

Following the sad announcement of the passing of Steve Miles (Geoffrey Lewis) on 9th November 2016 at the age of 69 years, a funeral service will be held on Tuesday 13th December at 2.00pm.

Banbury Crematorium

Hardwick Hill

Southam Road
Banbury
OX16 1ST

Following the sad announcement of the passing of Steve Miles (Geoffrey Lewis) on 9th November 2016 at the age of 69 years, a funeral service will be held on Tuesday 13th December at 2.00pm.

Banbury Crematorium

Hardwick Hill

Southam Road

Banbury

OX16 1ST

I did post that in the other thread.

Anyway, hi Graham byebye.gif