Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

NEW: Following member feedback, we now have a Mooring & Marina Review forum. Post your review here.

Sign in to follow this  
Richard T

Loughborough Christmas Antidote Banter

Featured Posts

I have started a new thread as the banter is now confirmed as 30th December at the Paget Arms Loughborough. They were very helpful last year - the landlord has changed but I have spoken to the new one and he is happy to accommodate us. The same room is booked from around 6pm.

Some indication of numbers would be helpful before the day.

This link gives location menu etc.

http://www.steamin-billy.co.uk/ourpubs/paget.php

Excellent - well done that man.

We hope to be there, but need to confirm we have dog sitters available at home. Will confirm our attendance soon, hopefully.

This will depend on whether and where I am working or not, and where the boat is at the time.

Kathy and I would probably be a yes, depends on......

Me, I'll try and be a bit more sociable than I was at Alan's do, I wasn't feeling my best.

Edited by Dyad

This will depend on whether and where I am working or not, and where the boat is at the time.

Kathy and I would probably be a yes, depends on......

We most definitely will be there .... the boat will be there icecream.gif

Is anyone planning on staying in Luff for NYE?

I am looking around at what restaurants we might be able to go to for some food or some sort of "do" on NYE and came across this:

http://lynroys.com/december

It is just a short walk down the canal from the Travelodge and at £40 a person for food and entertainment it seems reasonable (I suspect the drinks prices will make up for that!)

It is not exactly our cup of tea but seems potentially good value.

I have found a social club not that far away and I am wondering if they have a party that night.

80 quid is a bit strong for Lemontoes and I

Me? I'd be happy to find somewhere to have a drink and I don't mind if I'm in bed for 10 unless there's some half way decent company

There are several Chinese are Thai restaurants in the area I will have a look at the reviews and see if any of them are doing a standard menu that night - sometimes places only offer a set menu at a fixed price

The Basin is a brilliant Thai/Chinese menu and has lots of long tables for groups to sit on. There are some Englisher dishes on the menu too for those of a faint palate.

You can moor next to it too, which is brill.clapping.gif

heres a weblink seeing as Richard wants to be all 2016...biggrin.png

http://thebasin.co.uk/

Edited by matty40s

I thought the basin was Japanese? It's very good either way. We've had good food at the thai restaurant in the rushes near the swan, and salims Indian on leicester road has a good reputation. Or how about a Moroccan belly dancing evening at Tarboush on market street if open. Heard good reports but not been.

I am wary of hijacking this thread because it is all about the banter on the 30th which is well and truly organised thanks to Richard T but ideally it would be useful to know who might be there for NYE and what their taste is. If Cath & Alan do come we need somewhere with a decent veggie menu and I am aware it needs to be somewhere that doesn't cost a fortune too.

Dave and I will fall in with the rest

Me? I'd be happy to find somewhere to have a drink and I don't mind if I'm in bed for 10 unless there's some half way decent company

We are planning to be there on New Year's Eve, so I suspect you'll be in bed by 9!

I have no idea to what extent we can find "somewhere quiet" on New Years's Eve, but I'd prefer to be able to talk than to be formally entertained.

As long as there is some "veggie" option, we will go along with whatever anybody can come up with, but I have no local knowledge of Luff, so we are very much hoping somebody else can be inventive!

I have a busy few days but my gut feeling is to see what is available at the place in the basin and if that has a menu that suits all based on diet and price then we can book there.

Early night will suit us too

It looks like this is going to be a good banter!

So far those who have said they plan to come - are any of the "maybe's" any closer to confirming yet?

Confirmed:

Mr & Mrs Richard T

Lemontoes & Barry

Chazzy & Rene

Blue String Pudding & Tree Monkey

Dyad

P6Rob

Cheshire Rose & Postcode

Matty40S & Kathleen Bridget

Maybe:

Alan Fincher & Catrin

Pipistrelle

It looks like this is going to be a good banter!

So far those who have said they plan to come - are any of the "maybe's" any closer to confirming yet?

Maybe:

Alan Fincher & Catrin

We have been definites for some time!