NBTA - Which Planet Are They On ?

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

Like most of us, I am not omniscient; that's why I asked the question, which Carl has already answered, thanks anyway.

You don't need to be omniscient, or flippant, you either know about the area of interest of which you speak or you don't

I think, perhaps, as with many on here, your 'attitude' precludes your understanding.

• Greenie 1

You don't need to be omniscient, or flippant, you either know about the area of interest of which you speak or you don't

I think, perhaps, as with many on here, your 'attitude' precludes your understanding.

biggrin.png

I realise that having started a thread I have no control or input in what is posted or how it develops but I really cannot see how post #22 contributes.

If you really want to start a moan about C&RT 'removing boats', forum members not knowing 'as much as you do' etc etc then maybe you could start your own thread and leave this one to try & stay on topic.

Thank you.

If you only ever speak about what you know, and never ask for information about what you don't, you're going to stay ignorant forever. Bit odd suggestion for a discussion forum.
  • Greenie 2

It is clear to see who the NBTA support :

On the Cam :

We call for those who are currently renting out existing council moorings or those with council moorings who live in a house, to have their mooring licences withdrawn and their moorings reallocated to those currently waiting for a mooring on the river and whose boat is their sole residence. Nobody who also owns a house or flat should be allowed to rent a council mooring and moorings should be allocated by social need, with priority given to families with school-age children currently on the river waiting for a council mooring as a matter of urgency.

In addition we propose that any Bargee Traveller family, not on 'The Railings', but living elsewhere on the Cam, be given a council mooring, irrespective of their position on the waiting lists. There are enough empty mooring spaces to accommodate everyone that needs one, yet the council chooses to let desperate families wait for years on end, causing terrible trauma and stress, and in this way interfering with family life and children's education

So anyone with a mooring who is not a liveaboard should have their licence revoked - priority given to families with children of school age

Obviously "Bargee Travellers".

I find it interesting - on the general mindset of this forum as exemplified by your thread title - that you wade in with full-on rant mode without knowing the facts that once explained seem to the perceptive; NBTA's points 1 and 2 have a lot of validity but 3 may be the result of self-interest and have less validity but overall the issue is worthy of debate both at Cambridge Council Level and on a canal forum.

Given this I see no reason at all for your rudeness and I think you should apologise.

I realise that having started a thread I have no control or input in what is posted or how it develops but I really cannot see how post #22 contributes.

If you really want to start a moan about C&RT 'removing boats', forum members not knowing 'as much as you do' etc etc then maybe you could start your own thread and leave this one to try & stay on topic.

Thank you.

Not another one. Athy claimed not to know who nbta were, I questioned his ignorance. I have no interest in the removal

of boats etc.

Perhaps you should read what is said before you respond.

Take a greenie for that sir

I see what Carlt means now

Another pompous sycophant.

• Greenie 2

I find it interesting - on the general mindset of this forum as exemplified by your thread title - that you wade in with full-on rant mode without knowing the facts that once explained seem to the perceptive; NBTA's points 1 and 2 have a lot of validity but 3 may be the result of self-interest and have less validity but overall the issue is worthy of debate both at Cambridge Council Level and on a canal forum.

Given this I see no reason at all for your rudeness and I think you should apologise.

Where on earth is the rude full on rant in 6 lines of Alan's text? Could you highlight the rude ranty bits please?

How very rude (again).

How very pathetic. How very pointless. How very typical of the closed minded clique that thrives on 'back slapping' and brooks no debate.

What's up? Has someone come into the 'lounge bar' that you think should be in the public bar. According to your stereotypes that is.

No, he did not.

Do you perhaps mean NBTA?

Another pedantic pratt.

If you only ever speak about what you know, and never ask for information about what you don't, you're going to stay ignorant forever. Bit odd suggestion for a discussion forum.

Do you know what NABO is? Or the IWA? Do you have knowledge of the canals and those who use them?

Actually, I'm speaking to the wrong person - you don't know much about what goes on as you don't live on your boat and are, seemingly, unaware of all the arguments and unlawful abuses of the last few years. You prefer to fiddle while Rome burns.

Another pompous sycophant.

We like those here. They're so much easier to get on with and often they're really helpful. Even at their very worst, they rarely upset anyone intentionally. Surely there's an 'Argument and Insult' forum somewhere where those who don't like them won't have to suffer them?

Who is pearlygeoff? He seems to be a rather rude and unpleasant character. I thought this was quite a good discussion up to post 22.

Pearlygeoff had his boat (a Thomas Clayton Tar Boat) removed from the water by CRT (or maybe BW) and it was left on the bank and put up for sale on Apolloduck.

He pops in occasionally to insult folk who happen to disagree with him.

Not surprisingly I have every sympathy for him and the loss of his boat but he took umbrage at me suggesting that his attitude may have contributed to BW/CRT pursuing him so enthusiastically.

That attitude was then directed at me.

Edited: Not just me, I hasten to add, iirc Dave Mayall, MTB, MJG, RLWP and others all got a bit.

Edited by carlt

How very pathetic. How very pointless. How very typical of the closed minded clique that thrives on 'back slapping' and brooks no debate.

What's up? Has someone come into the 'lounge bar' that you think should be in the public bar. According to your stereotypes that is.

Another pedantic pratt.

Do you know what NABO is? Or the IWA? Do you have knowledge of the canals and those who use them?

Actually, I'm speaking to the wrong person - you don't know much about what goes on as you don't live on your boat and are, seemingly, unaware of all the arguments and unlawful abuses of the last few years. You prefer to fiddle while Rome burns.

You know, I seriously thought of reporting this person and his posts, but as I've never reported anything but obvious spam before, it would go against my principles and perhaps it would after all be better to leave it for others to form their own opinion.

Tin hat on, ears plugged and arse clenched.

I have never seen a more deserving candidate for a permanent ban.

Could we not have a sort of hostage exchange arrangement? We could send Pearly to Thunderboat and then we could have someone like Loafer back here in exchange?

..............Dave