South west detailed maps

Tobeboating

Featured Posts

Hello friends, I am planning on travelling between Northampton and coventry and need a detail map of waterways shows all water points and so on. Has anyone got an old copy they are not using or would yo part with or good web link for this information or a good site to buy a map as I've tried the crt web site and can't find a link to buy on there . Regards Ad

Hello friends, I am planning on travelling between Northampton and coventry and need a detail map of waterways shows all water points and so on. Has anyone got an old copy they are not using or would yo part with or good web link for this information or a good site to buy a map as I've tried the crt web site and can't find a link to buy on there . Regards Ad

Hi

Get yourself a copy on Nicholsons covering the area.

Tim

This isnt SW it is SE and Central.

Waterpoints are at Gayton Junction, Stowe Hill, Whilton, Buckby top, Braunston (2, one by stop house and one after Midland Chandlers), Hillmorton (2 - blow bottom lock), Central Rugby in the park on the North side before the A426 crosses- the old one has been removed just after the bridge), Newbold, Stretton stop (just after the swingbridge on left) and plenty to choose from at Sutton Stop. There is also a waterpoint just before Coventry basin.

@ Tim found this one eBay , Item number381811039288 is it the right?

@ Matty40s , I guess your a local to this area or are you reading from a map book ? , I got SW from the CRT winter morning guide to locations looking at one for Weldon

@ Barry 8.99 brand new , hoping the 2.41 is the same on eBay ?

I've gone an brought from eBay £2.41 , Item number 381811039288 it's it not the right one I guess it may come in handy ? , good to know I work in daventry and looking to get a boat and travel from Northampton to Coventry and then back as I can't find a good cheap mooring at the minute

@ Dave thank you

I've gone an brought from eBay £2.41 , Item number 381811039288 it's it not the right one I guess it may come in handy , good to know I work in daventry and looking to get a boat and travel from Northampton to Coventry and then back as I can't find a good cheap mooring at the minute

@ Dave thank you

Cool. If you do manage to find any " Good cheap moorings " please let us all know and we will join you there smile.png

Tim

@ Tim , how long you been looking lol & you cruising also?

@ Matty correct ( fat finger small keys

Hi

No mate. I have a good mooring I have been doing this lark for many years now but " Good cheap " moorings seldom come up if you know what I mean biggrin.png

Tim

There are online moorings at Gayton Junction, Furnace Lane, StoweHill, Dodford and Welton. Marinas at Gayton, Blisworth, Heyford Fields, Bugbrooke, High House, Stowe Hill, Weedon , Whilton and Welton Haven/Hythe South East of Daventry. Plenty of marinas the other side of Braunston Tunnel with more coming and planned.

It may be an idea to get in touch with the local moorings manager rather than look at the disfunctional moorings website, you can express interest in an area and they may know of something available or coming up soon.

Edited by matty40s