Oven position

Featured Posts

Has anyone put an oven underneath the windows in their boat? I have my sink on the other side so it made sense for symmetry.

My window frame is hardwood sapele and I was going to put an acrylic splashback on top of the painted ply.

What do you think?

Edited by boater123

Has anyone put an oven underneath the windows in their boat?

I'm wondering whether the hobs will cause me an issue?

You don't just mean an oven do you? I think you mean a whole cooker with oven below and hobs on top.

I would say main problems are....

1) It will probably be very close to window, so if you have curtains that could be a serious fire issue - Can't have curtains in such a case, I suggest.

2) If it is an opening window needed for ventilation, perhaps more likely that burners will blow about uncontrolably, (or even go out), if you have doors open on a windy day, creating through draughts.

Our boat has the hob fitted just slightly offset to the window. 2 of the 4 burners are below the window.

When it was built it has a metal venetian blind at that window and it has been fine for 12 years. I have just replaced the blind (with another metal one) but only because the old one was grotty after 12 years, not because it had been singed.

When I was looking for a new blind Dave told me I had to get a metal one - which made sense but I don't know it that came from any ruling on the construction or just because it made sense.