Screwfix Folding Trolley

snappyfish

Featured Posts

I had one very like it & found it useless. If I remember rightly, if the weight of the load was close to the fold axis then the wheels folded up. For the sort of loads I needed to move it was useless. Also the back lower bar inevitably got bent. Might be good for some types of load. Eventually I gave it away.

I have one too. I find the wheels too small for use on a stony or uneven towpath. I always choose my fishermans trolly with the pneumatical tyres in preference.

And yes with a heavy weight the balance is all wrong. One has to push DOWN on the handle whilst pulling it along. Very awkward.

I have one too. I find the wheels too small for use on a stony or uneven towpath. I always choose my fishermans trolly with the pneumatical tyres in preference.

And yes with a heavy weight the balance is all wrong. One has to push DOWN on the handle whilst pulling it along. Very awkward.

The one I had lasted only a short while,the plastic bits snapped,industrial one is better with proper tyres

CT

Have had one for years in that style, if not identical.

Good on flat surfaces, but not on gravel of it its a mudbath.

Ideal for strapping a cassette too, if it's a long haul to the disposal point, but probably wouldn't load it with much heavier than that, (e.g. would not try moving a leisure battery or a 25Kg coal bag on it).

Haven't managed to break it yet.

I've got one of these too, it's ok for light loads but the problem I find is the handle doesn't extend up far enough and you have to stoop down if you're carrying a heavy load and that ain't good for the back.

I wouldn't like to try carrying 80kg with it

Certainly cheap just to have for lighter stuff.Looks identical to the one lower down.

Full gas bottle for about a mile, on a number of occasions, ours has survived.

Eighty Kg. That's four bags of coal. Should be okay.

I agree about the wheels turning in. But in my case, I just oiled the bits and bobs and seemed to rectify.

Martyn

I bought one of those, or similar, for around £30. It broke and was a pain to use.

I forked out for this one and it's been great, though it should be for the price. I usually do 75 kg or 100 kg of water with it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wolfcraft-5501000-Folding-Trolley-Capacity/dp/B00GN6EYVG/ref=pd_lpo_328_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QJS3C0RTZZJGZHAV01K9

I've got one had it in the camper van for years to carry the Porti loo bottom to the elsan point now on the boat and I use it to carry a 26kg gas bottle on.

Yes the wheels do fold in but I overcome this by having a length off steel tubing between the wheels wedged over the wheel bolts when putting it up you just need to pull the wheels apart slightly to get the bar in it's worked for me for the last 10 years.