Poll: would you mind being 'named and shamed'?

Dave_P

Would you be happy to be 'named and shamed' for wayward posting?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. If one of your posts was deleted or edited by a mod, would you be happy for the mods to post an explanation of where you went wrong?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

That is stretching things very far,

This forum has had a large cohort of non posting members ever since I joined in 2006.

Yes this^^^^

A quick browse of the Members section suggests the vast majority of members have a post count barely into double figures, and many have no posts at all.

it won't happen anyway, as no-one would dare write down why it was modded - as it would lead to a 35 page long discussion on whether it actually broke the T&C and which version of the T&C may have allowed the content.

So let it. Eventually the posters would get bored.

As long as the modding is consistent.

All this "Questioning of mod decisions is verboten" is ridiculous.

Edited by WotEver

I find myself unable to vote, because my answer is "Yes and no". I might not mind being "named", but if I felt that my post had been reasonable, I would be unlikely to feel "ashamed" of it.

I wonder if you added the last word simply because it rhymes and sounds more dramatic than simply "named"? For some reason I am reminded of the wisdom if that sage, oft-quoted on CWDF, Nigel Molesworth:

"Peotry is sissy stuff that rymes".

• Greenie 2

I have ticked both boxes, because I think it depends.

- In many instances, there is not reason not to detail what has been done why the action has been carried out, which we often do. I will agree there are areas we can improve, which I have discussed and worked to resolve. So often, details should and are shared.

- However in other cases, there is a reason why it may not be appropriate to share what has happened and why, in which case the moderation staff team will make a call as to what the best action is.

Either way, giving while I support giving honest, detailed, and proper reasons in the majority of cases, I also stand by the statement that staff will not openly and publicly discuss specific actions on the forum. But that myself and staff are happy to review individual cases via PM or email.

Daniel

I voted yes but having read Daniel's post I can see for example the situation where my post might have been moderated to save the embarrassment of another member. Declaring that is the reason is not necessarily the best thing to do and so I would accept that "no reason given" would best protect the third party.

In other cases though "Live and learn"

For some reason I am reminded of the wisdom if that sage, oft-quoted on CWDF, Nigel Molesworth:

"Peotry is sissy stuff that rymes".

Completely smiley_offtopic.gif but.................

Our local fee paying school is known to the kids as 'Ryde Private'.

We, however, refer to the place as 'St. Custards'.

ETA I'm another 'Yes and No'

Edited by Victor Vectis