MV Airo 5 air heater

cereal tiller

Featured Posts

Will be fitting an Air Heater into a friends boat,he cant find a new Mikuni MY30.

It seems this Airo 5 heater is offered as an alternative,have fitted and repaired many Diesel heaters but have no experience with the Airo

CT

ETA it looks like a Webasto clone?

Edited by cereal tiller

Am not attempting to promote them,just finding out how good or bad they are

I'd suspect the answer is 'not very good', otherwise they'd be widely used on NBs.

But I'm not familiar with the unit, as you may be aware. And nor are you, which sort of reinforces my first point.

I'd suspect the answer is 'not very good', otherwise they'd be widely used on NBs.

But I'm not familiar with the unit, as you may be aware. And nor are you, which sort of reinforces my first point.

As you know ,I have Mikuni warm air heating on my boat,as a supplement to a Proper Stove,warm air systems are not common on canal boats due to the Ducting required.

Just cannot seem to find reviews on them in the boating media.

CT

The MV range of Chinese made heaters are what Mikuni UK began importing after the end of Mikuni production a while ago. I have an MV sales and service agency and have fitted a few to date. Impressions are that like the old Mikuni they are a decent if agricultural piece of kit, the model you mention is a clone of a much earlier Webasto model as you suspected. At £1108.00 for the 5.0 marine kit they are fairly competitive and UK back up and warranty is provided by Mikuni UK so you have comfort there, unless you buy a grey import, in which case you are on your own. They lack the sophistication of the current Webasto models and are a little noisier but yer pays yer money... Hope that helps.

Edit to add that if an MY30 was being considered then the Airo 4.0 would be a closer match.

Edited by NMEA

The MV range of Chinese made heaters are what Mikuni UK began importing after the end of Mikuni production a while ago. I have an MV sales and service agency and have fitted a few to date. Impressions are that like the old Mikuni they are a decent if agricultural piece of kit, the model you mention is a clone of a much earlier Webasto model as you suspected. At £1108.00 for the 5.0 marine kit they are fairly competitive and UK back up and warranty is provided by Mikuni UK so you have comfort there, unless you buy a grey import, in which case you are on your own. They lack the sophistication of the current Webasto models and are a little noisier but yer pays yer money... Hope that helps.

Edit to add that if an MY30 was being considered then the Airo 4.0 would be a closer match.

Thanks for the info,will try and seek out a good MY30,I know them well and the one on my own Boat is 15 years old but still going strong and so easy to maintain.

CT