Clarification of a "rule"?

Jim Riley

Featured Posts

I agree and when there is a resolution we may still be frequenting the same forum so will need to get on.

Despite attempts from Cereal Tiller and Victor Vectis to suggest the contrary I have tried to remain civil at all times and talk positively about the future.

Sneering criticism does not help and is just the sort of behaviour that the perpetrators seem to be opposing.

but isn't this mess all about that?

You're evidently a man who is quick to form judgements. I see that you have been here a week (welcome, by the way). Pud, on the other hand, has been a respected member here for a number of years, during which I for one have not noticed her saying anything which "will drive this forum into the ground".

On what do you base this damning assessment?

I'm not a man quick to form judgements, I've been lurking here for a long time watching how things are going down the pan.

We had a rebellion on another forum where the owner and staff would not listen to reason, it very nearly killed that forum off.

Being in the process of buying my first boat I came here to gain knowledge, that knowledge is disappearing fast. For one reason and one reason only. People aren't being transparent.

Edited by K and S

but isn't this mess all about that?

Not for me it isn't.

We cannot undo the past and, to be honest, I've seen some pretty nasty stuff coming from both sides.

The stuff said on that FB conversation bears some striking similarities to stuff I've read on TB in tone and content

The difference is, of course, the folk on TB are not trying to give the impression that they are inhabiting the moral high ground (and some are delighting in sitting on the moral low ground).

There is a great deal of hypocrisy swilling about here and I do think it would be helpful if both sides stopped and decided what is important.

Edited by carlt
  • Greenie 1

Not for me it isn't.

We cannot undo the past and, to be honest, I've seen some pretty nasty stuff coming from both sides.

The stuff said on that FB conversation bear some striking similarities to stuff I've read on TB.

The difference is, of course, the folk on TB are not trying to give the impression that they are inhabiting the moral high ground (and some are delighting in sitting on the moral low ground).

There is a great deal of hypocrisy swilling about here and I do think it would be helpful if both sides stopped and decided what is important.

I suspect it would be easier to resolve the Syrian conflict than resolve this one TBH.

I'm not a man quick to form quick judgements, I've been lurking here for a long time watching how things are going down the pan.

We had a rebellion on another forum where the owner and staff would not listen to reason, it very nearly killed that forum off.

Being in the process of buying my first boat I came here to gain knowledge, that knowledge is disappearing fast. For one reason and one reason only. People aren't being transparent.

Thanks for your swift and courteous reply. I see ample knowledge and experience on here, and do not see the forum "going down the pan".

As a new member (but one with, as you point out, some previous knowledge of CWDF) I hope that you'll play your part in helping to arrest what you see as a downpan slide. Perhaps a thread about your boat-hunting/ buying experience would be of interest.

Not for me it isn't.

The stuff said on that FB conversation bears some striking similarities to stuff I've read on TB in tone and content

what is important is the fact people were banned with no apparent reason and with you being a member of both sites you should know that.

Not for me it isn't.

I think it would be helpful if we didn't divide people into two sides. Mod or not, we are all CWF members.

• Greenie 1

what is important is the fact people were banned with no apparent reason and with you being a member of both sites you should know that.

But what resolution to you want from this?

Yes that is important but you are asking for something that you yourself are unwilling to do...breach a confidence.

Folk have asked you to name names and events which you won't do,

The moderators and Daniel have been asked to break what they believe are confidences which they won't do.

Both you and the mods are correct in your actions.

I think it would be helpful if we didn't divide people into two sides. Mod or not, we are all CWF members.

I didn't...Others have split us up into "nice" and "nasty".

But what resolution to you want from this?

Yes that is important but you are asking for something that you yourself are unwilling to do...breach a confidence.

Folk have asked you to name names and events which you won't do,

The moderators and Daniel have been asked to break what they believe are confidences which they won't do.

Both you and the mods are correct in your actions.

I didn't...Others have split us up into "nice" and "nasty".

if the mods asked the members for their permission to post that information would they anyway?

if the people in the meeting that gave dan the ban list gave me permission to post yes i would.

if the mods asked the members for their permission to post that information would they anyway?

I have no idea...nor do I think it important any more.

If Daniel is willing to review the bans fairly then I think that should be enough.

What seems to be happening is that there are those who wish to humiliate the mods and Daniel and I don't think that is any better than those who wanted to "cleanse" the forum of folk they felt were unsavoury.

Edited by carlt

I have no idea...nor do I think it important any more.

If Daniel is willing to review the bans fairly then I think that should be enough.

What seems to be happening is that there are those who wish to humiliate the mods and Daniel and I don't think that is any better than those who wanted to "cleanse" the forum of folk they felt were unsavoury.

but they are still members here and i should imagine anyone following these threads can pick out who they were by the way they defend some of the comments.

but they are still members here and i should imagine anyone following these threads can pick out who they were by the way they defend some of the comments.

The bans should be reviewed

The rules need to be fairly applied and maybe reviewed

Moderation Should be as open as possible, respecting privacy at all times

The current affairs should be reopened and I suggest modded by carl

And above all we need to move on, mistakes were made we are all human

• Greenie 2

The bans should be reviewed

The rules need to be fairly applied and maybe reviewed

Moderation Should be as open as possible, respecting privacy at all times

The current affairs should be reopened and I suggest modded by carl

And above all we need to move on, mistakes were made we are all human

lets hope the team are listening then