2016/17 Winter Stoppages - useful links

Leo No2

Featured Posts

There always seem to be questions about the winter stoppage programme so I thought it might be useful to provide links to the ones I know about to make it slightly easier to find the ones of particular interest to you - to the best of my knowledge the links are all dynamic - i.e. they will show you the latest information:

If anyone has information on other Navigations/Canals/Rivers I'd be happy to add them to this list - just PM me with a link.

Updated with Cam Conservators, EA - East Anglia and River Medway

Edited by NB Lola
User request to clarify

Just had a quick scroll through the C&RT list and I am puzzled by the fact that stoppages are shown as being on the wrong canals , for example the Huddersfield Narrow when the stoppage is Glasson lock. and there are a lot shown as the Coventry canal which are definitely not on the Coventry. I am obviously reading the list incorrectly :-)

haggis

... and the Bridgwater & Taunton canal has been moved to the North West!

Tim

Its the list: https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/media/report/winter-notices.pdf

virtually every entry on here is wrong. How did they manage to mess this up this badly? I've reported it to them. Hopefully they'll sort it. I can imagine newer boaters using it by scrolling down the the canal they're on, not seeing any stoppages which affect them and then getting stuck between two stoppages.

virtually every entry on here is wrong. How did they manage to mess this up this badly? I've reported it to them. Hopefully they'll sort it. I can imagine newer boaters using it by scrolling down the the canal they're on, not seeing any stoppages which affect them and then getting stuck between two stoppages.

Why just newer boaters??

I have cancelled plans to get on the Soar for Winter as the planned stoppages were changed at very short notice, and an earlier than planned one stuck in, meaning I could not get there before 7th Nov.

I noticed one of the pounds west of Slaithwaite on the HNC is empty. It looks like one of the retaining walls has given way under pressure from an entering culvert, and spread itself across the navigation line. However one of the engineers said they were testing a culvert running under the canal, so who knows? Either way it looks like a big job.

• 4 weeks later...

Already affected me as after reading around 2 months ago there were going to be work on a lock that would block me if i took my winter mooring, they have now changed it there are no repairs where there were some so could take a winter mooring, now there are repairs on the aylesbury arm so i now need to get off there in time i should be off before then anyways its just anoying as i would have now taken the winter mooring, now there is no point as i cant get to the mooring in time to use is over xmas like i planned.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The OP states:

to the best of my knowledge the links are all dynamic - i.e. they will show you the latest information:

I just tested the one for CRT and it goes to their latest info, 2017-18 stoppages.

So rather than unpin this useful info, it may be better to change the topic title?