Unreserved Apology To GoodGurl

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I'm not sure about that Mike. I'm wary because I don't think that I have been asked about the above and don't want to commit to something I have not thought about in the detail you have.

For example rather than it being agreed that CA is reinstated I would like a discussion first about whether it is moderated or not.

I would also need to read up on the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

And, I think, allow more time for the site owner and crew to respond to the allegations that have been made before anything else is put forward.

Val

I have been increasingly aware that everyone has loads of views about things that are/have been wrong and there has been a fair bit of baying for Dan to Do Something About It, but very few concise suggestions about exactly what. Some big general ideas like Carl's offer to moderate a new CA section but that won't address a lot of the grievances voices to date.

So I thought starting a concise list of what we would like might be a good idea, and Phoenix-V's dashed off sentence seemed to encapsulate some good ideas in its brevity, so I rearranged it more formally as a kicking off point.

Might we surmise you'd like to add to the list?

5) A response from Dan about the allegations of a banning list

Have we not already had a denial? What more do you want him to say in the absence of any solid evidence it ever existed?

Going back to the Ange thing earlier I see that she has modified her post in support of Alan but she isn't a Mod so I don't see why she can't express an opinion.

No offence intended to anyone.

But the point is that Mr Fincher made a mistake and therefore made a full apology.

GG was the 'injured' party in this.

As Ange correctly acknowledged herself, this should not have been an opportunity for anyone to seek to score points, one way or another.

Rog

Everybody is expending far too much time and energy posting on these navel gazing threads and there's (almost) nothing new and interesting being posted anywhere else!

There's quite a good discussion about a gentleman's attire when withdrawing to his study going on...

What I found amusing about Anges post was the apology was at 11pm & then Ange calling out GG for having not replied by 1.30 (or 45) am! Seriously some people sleep, some people leave the computer on our windows open, so even if the name shows as online doesn't actually mean you're there

Everybody is expending far too much time and energy posting on these navel gazing threads and there's (almost) nothing new and interesting being posted anywhere else!

I have to agree, but Thunderboat is looking good ;)

I will still wait and see where this place goes.

I fear the worst but always hope for the best.

It has been said before, but we are the forum.

Rog

• Greenie 1

That's because we are all milling around aimlessly waiting for Moses to come back down off the mountain.

Meanwhile it appears that some members are building up to create a golden smoking hat to worship

• Greenie 1

I have been increasingly aware that everyone has loads of views about things that are/have been wrong and there has been a fair bit of baying for Dan to Do Something About It, but very few concise suggestions about exactly what. Some big general ideas like Carl's offer to moderate a new CA section but that won't address a lot of the grievances voices to date.

So I thought starting a concise list of what we would like might be a good idea, and Phoenix-V's dashed off sentence seemed to encapsulate some good ideas in its brevity, so I rearranged it more formally as a kicking off point.

Might we surmise you'd like to add to the list?

5) A response from Dan about the allegations of a banning list

Have we not already had a denial? What more do you want him to say in the absence of any solid evidence it ever existed?

I would like to see a post from Daniel answering the allegations that have been made against the moderators on this forum. To my knowledge that has not been done in a formal way. They are serious allegations with potential consequences for me in the way I view this forum.

Val

Edited by ValandPete

I would like to see a post from Daniel answering the allegations that have been made against the moderators on this forum. To my knowledge that has not been done in a formal way. They are serious allegations with potential consequences for me in the way I view this forum.

Val

Pretty much how I feel. There are various allegations being made, most of which I don't have a clue about, but they do seem to be having an effect on this forum. I think a few things need clearing up.

I have said before, I was part of this group and I have said before the chat was created to help support a friend who became a mod, as a sounding board, no more no less, think of a chat in the pub, at no point was Dan/lady Muck or the rest of the mods aware and no one presented a hit list to Dan, as far as I am aware.

In all honesty we also spoke about tiling a kitchen, and the best sort of grease to use on a cybermans joints and much other silliness.

The whole thing has been blown out of all proportion but as I've said much of this before and no one wanted to believe me and seemed to be happier to run with conspiracy theories I gave up.

Cant echo this enough.

I dont think any one involved is overwhelmed that a private and informal chat, which including some talk of working as a moderator of this side, has been selectively shared in public by someone who was trusted as part of it, in a way which allow comments to be taken out of context and by all accounts blown up out of proportion.

As as been said time again, I was not part of this chat, it was not held in the public domain, and it did not lead to the banning of members.

Yes a number of members where banned in a reasonable short space of time, during a time when the forum was turbulent and rule breaking was rife, outbreaks of trouble happen and the moderators work to contain them and then close them out, that is their job, working as best they can, to give you lot as members the site we have.

While I am always open to suggestions and people highlighting issues, if you want to publicly attack them for that, for doing their job as best they can, then personally I would say shame on you.

Daniel

Yes but it is only fair on Dan for us to be clear about what we are asking for.

So we are asking for:

1) Bans to be reviewed independently

2) Threads unlocked or good reason given

3) Current affairs section to be reinstated

4) Transparent fair moderating going forward

Anything else, anyone?

Any changes to the Forum Rules and Guidelines?

Which is what we have always worked towards. There has been call for a push to improve, and we are contining to put step in place to deliver that, but the end goal remains as always.

1) All member bans are reviews by the site team, and are not things which are rushed.

2) We have reviewed a number of thread this evening, and either added reasons or unlocked them. If there are specific threads you still have concerns about please let me know.

3) We are discussing this, and working out if it is feasible and what the best option might be, although with the current forum mood and other reviews going on, it will take some time to consider in full.

4) We have always aimed to be fair, and given transparency within reason. Following comments made on this thread and others we are reviewing how we do this, but clearly not all moderator activity is appropriate for sharing and very few would wish for or support total transparency.

Daniel

Frankly, I haven't got a clue whats gone on , what's going on and what's likely to go on.......ignorance is bliss

I've no idea what any of this is about either and I don't care - a break from this form gives one a bit of perspective. I'm glad I decided to get a life and don't participate in this sort of petty nonsense any more. Imagine what could be achieved if everyone put all this energy into something that actually mattered?

• Greenie 3

Pretty much how I feel. There are various allegations being made, most of which I don't have a clue about, but they do seem to be having an effect on this forum. I think a few things need clearing up.

Will people let it go though? I am aware that I am in a bad place right now and very cynical but, as I am now discovering, people only want to hear what they already believe. Even proof doesn't mean anything so is it possible to get resolution on this? I am afraid I believe that this will never be resolved because it is human nature to cling to the belief that 'I am right no matter what evidence there is to the contrary'.

I find I am spending more time elsewhere to be honest because it feels like everyone here wants to be right even when they are not.

• Greenie 1

Which is what we have always worked towards. There has been call for a push to improve, and we are contining to put step in place to deliver that, but the end goal remains as always.

1) All member bans are reviews by the site team, and are not things which are rushed.

2) We have reviewed a number of thread this evening, and either added reasons or unlocked them. If there are specific threads you still have concerns about please let me know.

3) We are discussing this, and working out if it is feasible and what the best option might be, although with the current forum mood and other reviews going on, it will take some time to consider in full.

4) We have always aimed to be fair, and given transparency within reason. Following comments made on this thread and others we are reviewing how we do this, but clearly not all moderator activity is appropriate for sharing and very few would wish for or support total transparency.

Daniel

Does this mean that the banished will be invited back so that we can all move on?

Rog

I find I am spending more time elsewhere to be honest because it feels like everyone here wants to be right even when they are not.

Isn't that just human nature? How many people do you meet, here or elsewhere, who actually want to be wrong?

Isn't that just human nature? How many people do you meet, here or elsewhere, who actually want to be wrong?

That is exactly the proint I am trying to find make. Everybody wants something done but they only want what they believe to be vindicated. It won't improve in here unless people let it go.

I've no idea what any of this is about either and I don't care - a break from this form gives one a bit of perspective. I'm glad I decided to get a life and don't participate in this sort of petty nonsense any more. Imagine what could be achieved if everyone put all this energy into something that actually mattered?

+1

and it's good to see you posting on this forum again Mike.

PS: your challenging new threads in the CA section are sadly missed by me and I am sure by many others. Let us hope that the CA section can be reinstated in some way.

Edited by Murflynn

+1

and it's good to see you posting on this forum again Mike.

And to show it is not all bad news, Mike has recently been offering me advice by PM about matters entirely related to boat maintenance, and nothing at all to do with forum politics.

So it is still quite possible to get good things from the forum, despite the current turbulence.

And to show it is not all bad news, Mike has recently been offering me advice by PM about matters entirely related to boat maintenance, and nothing at all to do with forum politics.

So it is still quite possible to get good things from the forum, despite the current turbulence.

Sadly some are still banned and can get nothing.

Rog

• Greenie 1

Nope, with Thunderboat being such a thriving and pleasant place with nearly all the "experts" that we're here, now on there, it is the "go to" place for advice now.

It does seem to be taking off into a proper forum. I was very pleasantly surprised the last time I looked. Good work over there.

Perhaps joining there is more likely than hoping for ex members to be invited back.

Rog

• Greenie 1

It does seem to be taking off into a proper forum. I was very pleasantly surprised the last time I looked. Good work over there.

Perhaps joining there is more likely than hoping for ex members to be invited back.

Rog

Well as I've said, such an invite would just be a token gesture (a good one, though) as all the folk on the list prefer a place where they can behave as adults rather than as naughty children routinely ticked off by the headmaster and his staff.

• Greenie 1