Can anybody recommend a good cratch cover supplier in the South West?

Froggy

Featured Posts

Most of the cratch cover suppliers appear to be in the midlands or north and are unlikely to travel down to the south west without us incurring additional cost. Can anybody recommend a company in the south west, preferably Somerset/Gloucestershire/Wiltshire area, who can be relied on to do a decent job at a reasonable cost?

Thanks in advance.

Can't make any specific recommendations as I'm not in the South west, but it might be worth trying some of the seagoing sailmaker type outlets. We had our deck canopy made by a local sail company and they did a super job (including the framing etc). They came along, made brown paper templates, took measurements, and two weeks later came back and fitted the lot.

Have you tried Ann Summers!?

I did, but all they could offer me was a flimsy black and scarlet number, with stitching that looked as though it would fall apart before you got it fully erected.

Can't make any specific recommendations as I'm not in the South west, but it might be worth trying some of the seagoing sailmaker type outlets. We had our deck canopy made by a local sail company and they did a super job (including the framing etc). They came along, made brown paper templates, took measurements, and two weeks later came back and fitted the lot.

Thanks for this Bill, i'll investigate further.

Edited by Froggy

Mastawerks at Saltford on the Avon between Brisol and Bath do cratch covers.

I have not dealt with them, and have no idea of the quality of their workmanship.

Steve

Thanks Steve, they are very close to us, i'll check them out.

Kinver Canopies came out to us when we were at Stoke, Gloucester is a similar distance away.

As a satisfied customer I can recommend them.

Kinver seem to have a great reputation. However, our boat (still subject to survey) will be based near Devizes for the next few months and i'm not sure they'll travel that far. I guess there's nothing lost in giving them a ring though.

Edited by Froggy