Victron Multiplus error

Bundas

Featured Posts

Hi All,

I am brand new to the forum and actually I built an expedition motorhome not a canalboat however most of the equipment Im using are identical to all yours but a bit smaller. I am reading this forum for a while now and most of the times I found what I was looking for but not now.. So thats all about introduction!

Question as follows:

I have installed a Victron multiplus inverter charger (1200/50) but made a terrible mistake whilst installing and Victron doesnt give any technical support so hope someone here is able to help:

Mistaken the temp sensor with the trickle charger it was shortened and connected to the battery positive instead of negative with a new terminal so even the isolation didnt exist.. so the engine was running the inverter was never ever turned on before or whilst the engine running but later when I tried to run it the first time it just comes on with the red alarm led constanty on. I assume a relay or a fuse must have gone somewhere kn the circuitboard but have no idea where and what to look for. I ssume noone done such stupid thing as this but hoping you might have an idea how to fix it.

Thanks for all the help and sorry for the long post.

Edited by Bundas

Obviously..

Tried resettin with dim switches etc. I think a fuse or relay has fried somewhere. Or need reco

nfiguring via a computer. When I call victron they say speak to your dealer and vica versa...

Edited by Bundas

The temperature sensor relies on heat transfer ideally from the negative battery post. It's mounting lug is electrically isolated and just serves to conduct heat to an integral thermistor and on via two wires. When you shortened the cable, can I assume you maybe twisted the two, probably fine wires, together before putting new terminal on?

If so you may have done no harm. Simply separate the wires and reconnect the two to the part of temp sensor cable you cut off and start again. The red LED hopefully won't illuminate then. If it does a Victron repair may be required. Unlikely that damage in that area would be covered by a fuse.

Edited by by'eck