Your Help Is Requested - The Last Cuckoo Project

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

I have been a bit busy the last couple of days and have not been able to check back in here so apologies for not dropping by to thank everyone who has voted but I can assure you it really is appreciated.

I just checked and it appears our project has 2777 votes. I don't see any way to check who has the most without clicking on every project to see how many votes they have but Woodland white butterflies have 4663

Has anyone spotted a project with more votes than that?

Clearly we need some more votes so your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to vote, and... if you have already voted .. encourage a friend to vote and tell us about it here to keep the momentum going

Thanks

Update....

We have 3152 votes at the moment. That sets us just a tad ahead of our closest rival which is good but we still have far too long left for things to change and so I am hoping a few more people will help to open up that lead.

Here is the link again to save you scrolling back to find it: https://www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk/voting/project/view/16-2681

DID YOU KNOW................................................?

There is no age restriction on voting so if you have kids with an email address you can point out to them what a worthwhile project this is and encourage them to vote too.

You can help your great Aunt Mabel to vote too.

Please have a think about who you know that you can ask to vote and get them to do it today for us

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys our nearest rivals have gained 1000 votes in the last 24hrs. We need to attract more votes to maintain our lead. We are now just 220 votes in front. Please help The Chesterfield Canal Trust! If you haven’t already done so, please show your support for the Trust and the amazing work that is being achieved by the Trust’s volunteers. Register with the Aviva Community Fund and vote for the Last Cuckoo Project. Help us win the funding we need to bring an inspirational event to Staveley.

We have just 4 days left to get as many votes as possible!

https://www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk/acfcms/get-involved

You need to register and confirm your email address.

Vote (you have up to 10 votes for every email that you register, so if you have more than one email please use them all)

Voting is also open to our youngsters!

Please vote and share!

Thank you!

Andy

Thanks for that Gordalec

I really appreciate everyone getting behind this project. We are not out of the woods yet so if you have not already done so please take a moment to vote. If you have voted then please stop and think who you can encourage to vote. Anyone with an email address can vote, there is no age restriction so if you have youngsters in the family perhaps you can encourage them to vote, ask your colleagues and social groups to join in please.

It really is much appreciated and, as HS2 are still continuing to blight Staveley (after 3 years, 9 months and 18 days they still have not announced their preferred route) If we can get this grant for the project then it will be a major boost to the local community which has suffered far too much through the ages with filthy industries and job losses when the industries close.

Thanks to everyone for their help

Huge thank you to everyone who has voted.

We now have 8897 votes and over the last 48 hours we are drawing neck and neck with another project - sometimes they dip into the lead and at others we have a hair's breadth of lead ourselves.

VOTING CLOSES MIDDAY TOMORROW 18th NOVEMBER

So if anyone else can register and add your votes it really could make all the difference.

Please take a moment to vote or to share and encourage others to vote for us

I am going to a meeting this evening to find out what the next steps for the project are

I have spotted that Andrew is looking for people to write a brief statement of support for the Last Cuckoo Project event that he can use in his bid

An example:

Andrew Robinson from Chesterfield “What an amazing opportunity for our children to learn about history”

If you would like to add your messages here I will give him a poke so he sees them or you can send them to him via PM.

The other thing is that there is an "event page" for The Last Cuckoo Project on Facebook which you can find here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1232428583496222/

This event page is something he will use as part of his final bid. Clicking to say you are "attending" is actually stating your interest in following the project rather than physically taking part in it (even though I know many of you will want to if you can) so, If you use Facebook, can you please head over there and click to say you are going to support the project.

Thank you