BSS examiner recommendations?

max campbell

Featured Posts

We have a cruiser at Oundle that needs a new safety cert. The marina has given me a name, but I'd like to phone more than one. I don't know whether there's a fixed price schedule, or whether people just quote freely. The last guy was very keen to sell new extinguishers, etc, even though the existing were in the green zone, and like new condition externally.

I don't know whether this sort of thing is considered appropriate for this forum, but we would like to have peoples' recommendations, from their own experience.

We used a guy called Chris Williams, seemed competent, sensible and honest. Although we were at Tamworth I'm fairly sure he is from somewhere like Northampton. Well I might be mis-remembering that but worth a phone call 07963974793

Edit he's based in Loughborough so not that far to Oundle (by road!)

Edited by nicknorman

Chris Williams is based on the Soar, and covers as far down as Northampton, he was here this week.

Nigel Carton has done, and hopefully will do again mine and Kathys boats.

Another locally is Ian Jennings. who is based in northampton

Tel. 01604-716832

Mob. 07828-100418

Edited by matty40s

Thanks to all, in the end I booked Stuart - he was the guy the marina recommended, he quoted a fixed price of £120, he doesn't sell extinguishers, etc., and he'll meet me at the boat on a Saturday morning.

Good stuff. He's the only guy I will now use in our area, he did our last test which somehow is due again next May.