Elusive Broadband

swift1894

Featured Posts

Probably as above.

My phone, I know not an i-pad but I did have it set to update only on Wi-Fi but forgot I have Wi-Fi on board and the phone had been 'paired' with it. frusty.gif

So automatic updates are now turned OFF, of course I do, do regular checks, usually in the pub. cheers.gif

There was an iOS update recently - it was probably that. Check you update settings as it should only do it when it asks first.

and people moan about Microsoft!

OS does system updates automatically when connected to wifi and on charge....even if you turn updates off I'm afraid.

My Ipad3 doesn't. It only updates if I tell it to after telling me that update is available.

Edited by dor

If it's the GSM version of the iPad you can see which apps are using the data under settings / mobile data.

Updates if the OS don't do automatically, but the apps do over wifi - settings / iTunes and App Store to disable.

If you use Facebook, disable the auto play on videos as well.

Edited by Robbo

That makes complete sense.

If you've got iCloud photo sharing turned on then any pictures taken will get shared as soon as the phone connects to wifi. However phones are not clever enough (and why should they be?) to differentiate between a wifi network connected to ADSL, etc and a mifi-style wifi network connected to a mobile data source.

• Greenie 1

Ok I'm 68 and a bit slow. What does this mean? Is it like the LOL laugh out loud the youngsters use.

Rickent's "This ^^^. " was little arrows pointing to the post above, meaning "This post is correct and I support it".

Tony

I drive my kids crazy by not only spelling words when texting, but including punctuation as well.

My wife's iPhone eats data as well, I turn off wifi and data on it to control costs. It's simple enough to turn it back on when required.

Rickent's "This ^^^. " was little arrows pointing to the post above, meaning "This post is correct and I support it".

Tony

Blimey! I actually got a question about computers right.