Are we all sheep?

matty40s

Featured Posts

Your first sentence isn't all that healthy Richard.

'My spies' are the wife of one of my customers. My customer is aware of how he is represented there and chose to tell me how I am viewed there this week.

I choose to ignore TB, I never go there and am not interested in it. Unfortunately, it keeps coming to me

Richard

'My spies' are the wife of one of my customers. My customer is aware of how he is represented there and chose to tell me how I am viewed there this week.

I choose to ignore TB, I never go there and am not interested in it. Unfortunately, it keeps coming to me

Richard

Fair enough, your initial comment about spies did look as though it would pour fuel on this little fire!!!

Searching for RLWP gives 7 hits since April. One of them is somewhat rude but it was from TD who is not known for his politeness. So I think your spies are exaggerating a bit.

Agree with that Nick as I was also doing a search at the same time because I hadn't noticed anything either to the best of my knowledge. One of the posts from another contributor was saying how he would miss the contributions from RLWP (and others) whose postings he valued. Hardly a negative turn of phrase.

Roger

Searching for RLWP gives 7 hits since April. One of them is somewhat rude but it was from TD who is not known for his politeness. So I think your spies are exaggerating a bit.

Well, thank you for looking. I'm still not going there

Richard

There is definitely demand for a light-touch moderated boating forum. At the moment the choice is between heavy/uncomprehensible/irrational moderation; and none.

But where could one find such a forum?

Oh, hang on, we're on a forum! Why not just say "From today..."?

Whilst self moderation won't always work, and light moderation won't cure all evils, the heavy hand of last resort would still be there if required. Why keep arguing for left or right and making little headway when the centre is readily available? Just a thought.

Just to stir it up how about you can only post on the forum if you have a boat or are going to buy one................picks his hat up and walks for the doorhelp.gif

You seem to be inventing your own rules there

Richard

Just to stir it up how about you can only post on the forum if you have a boat or are going to buy one................picks his hat up and walks for the doorhelp.gif

My understanding is that there are a number of members on here with a great wealth of knowledge, particularly on waterways history who for whatever reason no longer actually have a boat nor I would guess have any intention of getting one again. There are also knowledgeable members who run community/canal society boats that they don't actually own.

So your idea is flawed.

A visit to the other places discussion right about now may prove a bit more enlightenment for those that still refuse to believe there has been a fundamental breakdown on here.

The leaking of names of 'ordinary forum members' ( 'non-mods' / 'non-admin' people) who were involved in the discussions regarding "the list" may prove embarrassing.

That may explain some things.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

The leaking of names of 'ordinary forum members' ( 'non-mods' / 'non-admin' people) who were involved in the discussions regarding "the list" may prove embarrassing.

That may explain some things.

It would indeed, it would indeed.

Honest has always been the best policy.

Would you mind cutting and pasting that. I'm not going to visit a site where I believe I am routinely ridiculed

Richard

To my knowledge you have never been ridiculed there - I apologise if I am wrong, I have not read everything, there is some fairly obnoxious stuff from time to time. (as an aside, to my mind the problem is not moderation per se, it's the culture within which this moderation occurs

You are considered to be a helpful and thoroughly nice chap (as indeed I know you are)

Just to stir it up how about you can only post on the forum if you have a boat or are going to buy one................picks his hat up and walks for the door:help:

Ah, I see your posts are economical with the truth here as well as there.

My understanding is that there are a number of members on here with a great wealth of knowledge, particularly on waterways history who for whatever reason no longer actually have a boat nor I would guess have any intention of getting one again. There are also knowledgeable members who run community/canal society boats that they don't actually own.

So your idea is flawed.

You being a prime example.

As per usual, you bring nothing to the debate except insult.

Which kind of surprises me that she didn't feel she fitted in 'over there' (right one tab in my browser right now )

There is definitely demand for a light-touch moderated boating forum. At the moment the choice is between heavy/uncomprehensible/irrational moderation; and none.

I completely agree.

With an apology and amnesty and then we might be getting somewhere.

To my knowledge you have never been ridiculed there - I apologise if I am wrong, I have not read everything, there is some fairly obnoxious stuff from time to time. (as an aside, to my mind the problem is not moderation per se, it's the culture within which this moderation occursYou are considered to be a helpful and thoroughly nice chap (as indeed I know you are)Ah, I see your posts are economical with the truth here as well as there.

You may need to edit this post following a recent revelation by an ex mod.

Which kind of surprises me that she didn't feel she fitted in 'over there' (right one tab in my browser right now )

I completely agree.

With an apology and amnesty and then we might be getting somewhere.

Not my scene.

Far too one sided and single minded.

If that is a serious comment (was it - its hard to tell TBH) ??? then I'm afraid you flatter me. What depth of knowledge I have/had ref. boating matters is diminishing month by month and I certainly don't think I have anything like a reasonable knowledge of waterways history, I was thinking about members other than me TBH.

As per usual, you bring nothing to the debate except insult.

As apposed to Peterboat who is simply airing stupid ideas on here aimed at stirring the proverbial and then heading back across to Thunderboat to laugh at what he's done?

Also adds a lot to the conversation do you think?