Dexta Fuel Boat

Rob-M

Featured Posts

Does anybody know if Dexta is still selling diesel as I have been past a couple of times recently and the sign with the diesel price has disappeared...? Today there was just a small number of gas bottles and nothing else.

Dexta was the cheapest diesel near Great Haywood so will be needing another option if they have stopped.

When I Went past 3 weeks ago there was also no sign with the fuel price displayed. I'm not sure how legal his set up was as they only accepted cash. Shame if it's closed as was always the cheapest fuel by a quite a way round that area.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read that other post. I've not known how much could go in my tank when I've bought diesel so trusted the fuel pump display.

Maybe I am being naïve but I would have thought anyone selling fuel would have their dispensing equipment tested by 'weights & measures' (Trading Standards).

You can afford to sell at 10% less than anyone else if you are 'underselling' by 15%

When I have bought from them the amount was always close to what I was expecting and my calculated litres per hour have stayed consistent to when I have bought elswhere. If he were selling me short measure I would expect both of the above to change.

Top Cat

Maybe I am being naïve but I would have thought anyone selling fuel would have their dispensing equipment tested by 'weights & measures' (Trading Standards).

You can afford to sell at 10% less than anyone else if you are 'underselling' by 15%

If you are selling fuel "loose", it must be dispensed by equipment that has been checked and sealed by Trading Standards.

It is possible to sell fuel by the container which has been filled out of sight of the customer, but the container must be sealed by an agent approved by Trading Standards. i.e. If you are buying "loose" fuel, you have a right to see the meter and it must be approved, sealed equipment.

I have known a seller use the sort of pump you can buy at Machine Mart, but that is illegal.

Even so, a legally sealed pump can be up to 0.5% out, so if you buy 100 litres you can legally receive between 99.5 and 100.5 litres.

George ex nb Alton retired

Just read that other post. I've not known how much could go in my tank when I've bought diesel so trusted the fuel pump display.

I always take a sounding to the nearest mm and convert to litres after the sale. I use this more accurately to colibrate my tank than using the depth and Simpson's Rule. After 38 fillings the biggest difference from the current average litres/mm was 6.33% which I think is a bit high. I didn't take a note of who it was. The usual variation is in the region of +/- 2%. The accuracy is limited by the position of the filler. It's on the port quarter so the accuracy of the rading depends partly upon where SWMBO is at the time.

N

I always take a sounding to the nearest mm and convert to litres after the sale. I use this more accurately to colibrate my tank than using the depth and Simpson's Rule. After 38 fillings the biggest difference from the current average litres/mm was 6.33% which I think is a bit high. I didn't take a note of who it was. The usual variation is in the region of +/- 2%. The accuracy is limited by the position of the filler. It's on the port quarter so the accuracy of the rading depends partly upon where SWMBO is at the time.

N

and how full the tank is and how full the water tank is and if you are sitting on the bottom listing, but I get your drift