Webasto thermo top on e-bay

KennR

Featured Posts

What sort of height do you need on the header tank? Also do people do a kit to pump from the main tanks to the header or is that usually a manual task?

Our Optimus has died and its 600 squid for a new burner/control assembly so we're looking at alternatives....

What sort of height do you need on the header tank? Also do people do a kit to pump from the main tanks to the header or is that usually a manual task?

Our Optimus has died and its 600 squid for a new burner/control assembly so we're looking at alternatives....

Are you thinking it needs a separate fuel tank ?

My current set up has the kabola E5 in its own cupboard in the bedroom at the very rear of my boat. All the water connections and fuel line are situated in the same cupboard. Will it be OK to fit webasto in same place if I route the exhaust thru the engine bay?

Webasto heaters currently available on ebay for around £350-£400, Are they worth buying at that price? I want to replace my Kabola E5 with a Webasto and at that price they seem a bargain..

Thanks

Good price yes but are you aware that it's probably a version for automotive use. Proper marine versions have a different electronics board that operates at lower voltages that occur in boat domestic use. You may find it may not fire up when the voltage gets just below 12 volts. Perhaps NMEA of this forum will explain it in more detail. Before buying I would check with the seller whether it has the marine electronics board.

Don't buy a header tank, get a 5 litre expansion tank about £15 from mr central heating, then you don't have to worry about height as it will be a sealed system and recommended as better in the webasto instructions.

Neil

for it to be a sealed system you need an expansion vessel that runs under pressure surely.

Good price yes but are you aware that it's probably a version for automotive use. Proper marine versions have a different electronics board that operates at lower voltages that occur in boat domestic use. You may find it may not fire up when the voltage gets just below 12 volts. Perhaps NMEA of this forum will explain it in more detail. Before buying I would check with the seller whether it has the marine electronics board.

the heater is the same for car/van/lorry/boat etc its not like it has to be marinised to run in a boat. also the operating voltage range is 10.5 - 15v which means it will run between these ranges. like i said ours runs fine.

Are you thinking it needs a separate fuel tank ?

I dont know - how much head does it need on the fuel or can it be at a level with the bottom of the fuel tank?

I was assuming the tank was a fuel tank and not a hot water header tank...

Edited by StephenA

• 3 weeks later...