big Dutch crane barge on Thames near Limehouse

magnetman

Featured Posts

From memory of the posts on a CW FB page the barge wasnt an old one, I think it was being transported somewhere and then sunk. This is the second or possibly third attempt to lift it as they hadnt brough a big enough crane on previous occassions!!

Edited to correct facts about attempts.....

Edited by widebeamboy

Yes its that one. Its on the barge roads where there are usually just old lighters tied to large buoys. Will probably have another walk down tomorrow and see if they have raised it.

They had the straps on and tensioned when in went past but I had to get home to give my daughter something to eat so we missed the actual lifting operation !

Edited by magnetman

Yes its that one. Its on the barge roads where there are usually just old lighters tied to large buoys. Will probably have another walk down tomorrow and see if they have raised it.

They had the straps on and tensioned when in went past but I had to get home to give my daughter something to eat so we missed the actual lifting operation !

Just popped along there earlier. It looks as though the barge has been raised.

Not sure whether this was the one, though.

post-5123-0-12688300-1475858713_thumb.jpg

Here's the crane going past our flat yesterday on its way to the incident.

post-5123-0-77232400-1475858807_thumb.jpg