Water Cans and Handbowls

pete harrison

Featured Posts

28 minutes ago, dave moore said:

Several years ago I did some painting for Rex Wain. He returned the favour by making me a lovely cabin block out of an elm offcut. It ended up in a corner shelf of my workshop, until I ran out of painting in the first lockdown. I dusted it off and set to work.....

2FE1D04C-C70C-4E0B-AB97-CD3140328B46.jpeg

That bridge only just teaches the other side!

45 minutes ago, dave moore said:

Several years ago I did some painting for Rex Wain. He returned the favour by making me a lovely cabin block out of an elm offcut. It ended up in a corner shelf of my workshop, until I ran out of painting in the first lockdown. I dusted it off and set to work.....

2FE1D04C-C70C-4E0B-AB97-CD3140328B46.jpeg

That is fantastic

Hi Derek

The painted faces had a few coats of primer first, followed by several undercoats in green and white. I prefer to add decoration to undercoat followed by varnish when dry....lots of coats, especially on the sides to bring out the end grain. Time wasn’t an issue here, of course. The finished block sits on the fridge in our kitchen.

25 minutes ago, David Schweizer said:

Who painted your Cabin Block Rob? The castle looks very much like those painted by Frank Nurser.

I don't know, Phil Speight did some of the painting in the early days of the Heritage Working Boats but I'll see if anyone in the group knows.

3 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I don't know, Phil Speight did some of the painting in the early days of the Heritage Working Boats but I'll see if anyone in the group knows.

Phil's castles are usually a lot more detailed and colourful but he has been known to copy other decorators work on occasions. Here is one of Phil's typical castles:-

image.png.e2d0df532cb18e6866b498e1d68faf77.png

And this is one he did copying Frank Nurser's work, similar to, but not the same as yours.

image.png.bb67bedef7df9b241e505c7a18fc4f3c.png

2 hours ago, BWM said:

Just noticed the bloke laying on the cabin top in the first picture, looks like he's had a busy day!

I like to think he's just finished painting the roof blue and realised it should have been red!! :D

gallery_7537_1_329896.jpg

Edited by Ray T
  • Haha 1