Water Cans and Handbowls

pete harrison

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, David Mack said:

This is described as a "Vintage Canalware /bargeware Frying Pan" !!!

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Canalware-bargeware-Frying-Pan-Handpainted-Rare-Piece-/153800097149

It says hand painted, I wonder if its done with stove enamel or exhaust paint 

3 hours ago, dave moore said:

Well, it’s not one of mine!!!!

Nope - this is more your style?

(Thanks again Dave, hopefully we’ll be able take it to its proper home on the boat soon).

D4ED5047-1F9A-46CE-935B-591C0434DD12.jpeg

Edited by gbclive

I’m not certain but the style of painting reminds me very much of Gill Buxbaum, quite a prolific painter in the 90s when I knew her. She produced a range of painted ware from watercans and handbowls to smaller stuff. Gill was then based in North Wales and I think a move to Scotland followed, though I’ve had no contact now for a good few years.

• 1 month later...
On 06/05/2020 at 20:50, ditchcrawler said:

It says hand painted, I wonder if its done with stove enamel or exhaust paint 

Don't know let me go look in the morning.

Its on there well though

13 minutes ago, Derek R. said:

Re. The cylinder mower - every narrow boat should have one . . .

Mine isn't on the boat, is it ment to be on the boat? Mmmm my top clothes do need a trim

• 5 months later...

Sneek peak of my new toy, well 1 of 3 new toys!!

20201124_221245.jpg

Just like to note there are about 3-4 nice looking water cans and 2 handbowls on ebay at the moment, nice condition (not sure of age) but reasonable price too, think was £70 for a painted hand  bowl and around 80-120 for each can

23 minutes ago, billybobbooth said:

Just like to note there are about 3-4 nice looking water cans and 2 handbowls on ebay at the moment, nice condition (not sure of age) but reasonable price too, think was £70 for a painted hand  bowl and around 80-120 for each can

Including at least 3 items painted by our very own Dave Moore. Quite a lot of the items are being sold by one seller, Sarah from Tamworth, would that be Sarah Edgson ?

The seller is Sarah Edgson, the photographs taken in her office at the Glascote yard. She has been an avid collector for a long time now, I’ve painted a quantity of stuff for her over the years. I was there in October and she told me that she was thinning out the collection. The process has started, it seems.....

2 hours ago, dave moore said:

The seller is Sarah Edgson, the photographs taken in her office at the Glascote yard. She has been an avid collector for a long time now, I’ve painted a quantity of stuff for her over the years. I was there in October and she told me that she was thinning out the collection. The process has started, it seems.....

Just bought your handbowl, Dave.  It'll go well with your watercan and the backcabin you did on Hampton.

• Love 1

There's a guy on fb selling and making cans. Galv I think, he's an engineer, also does glamping builds and vintage bars! I've been after finding a lidded bucket, and he's come up with making some! Anyone know if his products are good? Alan Waters. ( i could be really out of the loop at the moment, and he's well known,  I dont know!)