Repairing paintwork

Featured Posts

Have some damage to the paint on my cabin side. Have paint to match and it is a good match. what is the best way to repaint a small area (about 1foot square) in the middle of the paintwork? My concern is the overpainting/brush marks at the extremeties of the repair

Thanks

Have some damage to the paint on my cabin side. Have paint to match and it is a good match. what is the best way to repaint a small area (about 1foot square) in the middle of the paintwork? My concern is the overpainting/brush marks at the extremeties of the repair

Thanks

Use some cutting compouind on the paint surrounding the damage to remove the first few microns of faded paint surrounding the repair this will enable the best possible match.

'Feather' the old paint back and then build up the primer/undercoat/topcoat. Put plenty of topcoat on and allow to harden thoroughly.

Sand the edges back gently with fine wet and dry (1000 grit) to blend in the join.

Bring back the shine with cutting compound.

To be fair there is no quick way of achieving the above with a brush.