Boat graphics

Featured Posts

Hi

We would like to put a design on both sides of the bow on our narrowboat as anyone got any recommendations for a supplier of boat graphics and are they worth doing, will they last the test of time

Thanks

Traditionally these are sign written. It costs a little more, but has the advantage of being given easy to touch up in case of the inevitable damage.

Top quality vinyl last 7 years outside, but somewhat less if continually exposed to sunlight. This advise was given to me by a vehicle and sign company, when I was considering replacing roof mounted graphics with vinyl.

Edited by cuthound

Have a look at: https://www.vinylcutgraphics.com/boat-graphics/misc-canalia.html

Seems to be fairly standard that stickers come on a protective backing sheet which is opaque and obvious. Masking tape the graphic in position then carefully peel the backing sheet out from under the sticker smoothing down as you go. What is notpost-19540-0-96148600-1475592798_thumb.jpg so obvious is that the elements of the graphic are also held on a carrier sheet over the front​ of the graphic. Once you are totally happy, position-wise, you need to also peel off this carrier making sure the elements of the sticker stay in position (eg on the boat and not on the carrier sheet) - I nearly 'lost and eye' during that step.

Edited by Opener

With some that I have used you can spray whatever it is you're applying the graphic to (in this case the bow) with water, which allows you to slide the vinyl around until you're perfectly happy. Then you squeegee the water out, then you peel off the front carrier.

I guess that might not apply to all though.