Does anyone know anything about Paul Widdowson boats?

Melissas

Featured Posts

Hello everyone,

Thanks to you all for your help with my boat search so far.

I went to see another boat today, who I'm rather taken with. I just spotted her walking along the canal and she was for sale, so had a look.

She's a 58ft Paul Widdowson built in 2006, blacked last year with one owner at £36K.

She only has one double berth (I really wanted two but she may be worth making the compromise for), a Beta marine engine which sounded and looked lovely and a 3000w Victron Inverter. She had LED lighting (no solar panels yet..), spray foam insulation and a diesel stove which was also connected to the radiators. She was very well maintained and comfy. The owner fitted her out (he is now a retired builder) and the carpentry was lovely inside (mainly ash with solid wood flooring).

I think she might be a good deal and am thinking of making an offer on her, can any of you tell me what you might know of Paul Widdowson boats? I really liked the steelwork and shape of her.

Thanks for your help! :)

Yes starting multiple threads on broadly the same subject (i.e. asking what we think of a series of boats you are looking at) risks chuffing people off ever so slightly as reading each new thread of yours feels like groundhog day!

Perhaps we can stick to the six or so threads you have currently running on the same subject? Many thanks! ;)

Yes starting multiple threads on broadly the same subject (i.e. asking what we think of a series of boats you are looking at) risks chuffing people off ever so slightly as reading each new thread of yours feels like groundhog day!

Perhaps we can stick to the six or so threads you have currently running on the same subject? Many thanks! wink.png

Sorry everyone - to be honest I was trying not to confuse everyone with which boat/question/boatmaker I was referring to by listing them in different threads, but looks like I might have done the opposite.

Good to know for the future and sorry if I made anyone feel deja vu as you've all been so lovely and helpful. I certainly would have not been able to navigate the boat buying mire without your help.

Sorry everyone - to be honest I was trying not to confuse everyone with which boat/question/boatmaker I was referring to by listing them in different threads, but looks like I might have done the opposite.

Good to know for the future and sorry if I made anyone feel deja vu as you've all been so lovely and helpful. I certainly would have not been able to navigate the boat buying mire without your help.

To be fair its a hard one to call. One thread is probably better on balance... Don't worry though its not a big deal!

Keep asking the questions :)

I had a 58 foot shell built by Paul, very nice lines great welding and detailing scrolls etc, he use to work for ray Denton at R and D narrow boats who had a good reputation but sold up and retired, Paul started up with his son on the same estate in notts and i can vouch for his quality of work.

Neil