Masterboatman with ticket

Featured Posts

I am a qualified master boatman with over ten years inland waterways experience. Available to move boats any distance inland at a reasonable rate.

I am reliable and consistent and can provide references if needed.

Happy boating!

Peter

Edited by wrigglefingers
Telephone number removed

Welcome to the forum, and like many 'new members' it seems you did not read the T&Cs before agreeing to them.

Advertising can only be undertaken with the permission of the forum owner, you may wish to start on the 'right footing' by deleting your post and asking for 'prior approval'.

RULES AND GUIDELINES REGARDING ADVERTISING

Commercial advertising is not permitted anywhere on CWDF, this includes user profiles, postings and messages unless otherwise agreed by the site owner.

We have many members on the forum who run a similar business to yourself but they are not allowed to 'advertise it'.

If a member asks for suggestions for a boat mover, then, their name can be put forward in a reply.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I am a qualified master boatman with over ten years inland waterways experience. Available to move boats any distance inland at a reasonable rate.

Happy boating!

Peter 07879 336511

Just to clarify, do you mean you hold an MCA Boatmasters Licence? There is no such thing as a "qualified master boatman". (or a "ticket" for that matter).

Good luck with your new venture.

Howard

Edited by howardang

Happy boating!

Peter 07879 336511

Not someone with an eye for detail though, or you'd have read the terms and conditions you were signing up to.

Consequently, this doesn't make you look a great choice as a boat mover...

Not someone with an eye for detail though, or you'd have read the terms and conditions you were signing up to.

Perhaps he consistently doesn't read terms & conditions. biggrin.png I don't think I ever read them when I joined, I just signed up and plunged in.

An earlier post suggests that there are "many" boat movers who frequent this forum. I am not sue that's the case; there are a few, but I'm sure there is room for another. Good luck Peter: try advertising in the boatimags (Waterways World and Canal Boat) classifieds, which do have sections for boat movements.

Does anybody read terms and conditions for stuff that they can't negotiate about. Every time I download software or an app I skip over many many pages to the "agree" button. I am not sure but I think that, at some point in the future, Bill Gates is entitled to take ownership of my house

And yes, I will only have myself to blame.

Feel free to ignore the previous and predictable naysaying from the usual suspects. I'm sure an actual Moderator will pop up and set you straight if they feel its necessary. Good luck with your new business.

Feel free to ignore the previous and predictable naysaying from the usual suspects. I'm sure an actual Moderator will pop up and set you straight if they feel its necessary. Good luck with your new business.

Quite right too, but I do feel it is a bit cheeky to pop up on a new (to the OP) forum and start advertising their business in their first and only post, without previously contributing anything to the forum discussions or knowledge.

Quite right too, but I do feel it is a bit cheeky to pop up on a new (to the OP) forum and start advertising their business in their first and only post, without previously contributing anything to the forum discussions or knowledge.

Why? If I were to be starting a new inland waterways based venture cwdf would be exactly the sort of place I would make any myself and my business known (T+C's notwithstanding). At least Boattransferman has been honest and transparent with his 'pitch', you really shouldn't be so sniffy about new members, the cwdf gene pool could do with some dilution lest we all grow extra fingers or disappear up our own fundaments.

Probably best to let the mods moderate rather than cast aspersions on new members. It is after all an 'open' and free to join board for which presumably the OP has qualified for membership, not a private fiefdom where unhealthy and unwarranted slights should be put on new members first posts by by more established, regular posters. Perhaps some friendly guidance would be a more pleasant approach?

Why? If I were to be starting a new inland waterways based venture cwdf would be exactly the sort of place I would make any myself and my business known (T+C's notwithstanding). At least Boattransferman has been honest and transparent with his 'pitch', you really shouldn't be so sniffy about new members, the cwdf gene pool could do with some dilution lest we all grow extra fingers or disappear up our own fundaments.

Probably best to let the mods moderate rather than cast aspersions on new members. It is after all an 'open' and free to join board for which presumably the OP has qualified for membership, not a private fiefdom where unhealthy and unwarranted slights should be put on new members first posts by by more established, regular posters. Perhaps some friendly guidance would be a more pleasant approach?

100% disagree. The forum is what it is because we collectively agree to the posting guidelines, and the OP has jumped straight in ignoring them.

• Greenie 1

100% disagree. The forum is what it is because we collectively agree to the posting guidelines, and the OP has jumped straight in ignoring them.

Then report his post for moderation Mike.