Paint - Free to collector

Featured Posts

Continuing with my sort out of Boat related stuff, I have a quantity of partially used tins of boat paint, which may be useful to someone. This is all free to anyone willing to collect it from Bradford on Avon, If it is not collected within a week it is going down the tip.

INTERNATIONAL

No. 1 Thinner 1 Litre - Three quarters full

Interlux Super

Atlantic Grey 750ml - Half full

Coral Red 750m - Almost full

Snow White 750ml - Half full

Blue U/C 750ml - Almost full

Red U/C 750ml - Half full

Black With Sand 750ml - Quarter full

Toplac

Bounty Red 750ml - Almost full

BLAKES Marine

Bordeaux 750ml - Three quarters full

Cream (mixed) 750ml - Half full

No.1 Thinner 750ml - Half full

De-Greaser 750ml - Two thirds full

Craftmaster Clear 1 Litre - Half full

Rylac Incralac 500ml - Quarter full

Plus a few tins of other marine paint and paint stripper.

If you are interested pleaase PM me.

Edited by David Schweizer

If no takers here you could offer it on your local freecycle or freegle group.

I used to dispose of quite a bit of stuff through Freecycle and Freegle, but got fed up with people who were obviously getting stuff just to sell at boot sales, so anything decent of general appeal now goes to Charity Shops, but they would not be interested in tins of paint.

I used to dispose of quite a bit of stuff through Freecycle and Freegle, but got fed up with people who were obviously getting stuff just to sell at boot sales, so anything decent of general appeal now goes to Charity Shops, but they would not be interested in tins of paint.

I found the same thing. Or someone who would contact me and ask if I could deliver!

I am about to buy an ugly duckling near Manchester would love to have the paint, but just too far. May I as some questions about painting, unfortunately I cant disclose the boat at present as we are negotiating.

Can you paint over the existing painted surface or must you grind back to original metal? Im wanting to change the name, and over time the colour, to red name panel and British racing green.

The boat is 10 years old would it be possible to polish it to get the shine back, using Carnauba wax and a polisher.

Any advice will be welcomed.

I'm sorry you are too far away or I would take this lot , I don't like to think of it going to the tip .

Could you offer it on the K and A boating website . Otherwise freecycle just to save it being dumped .

If it could get to the BCN by forum courier it would be good but it's a fair lot of tins and a pretty big ask unfortunately so probably too difficult .

Just bought a new tin of bounty a couple of weeks ago, rats.

I could still take your bounty, it will get used at some stage, and also the Craftmaster clear Varnish and Incralac. Trouble is we are on the South Stratford just now. If all goes well should be in BoA by late November but that's a long time for you to store the paint that you want to get rid of. Have you tried pinning up a notice in the bin compound above BoA lock??.

...............Dave

All the Paint has now been claimed, so is no longer available. Thanks for the interest.

Tony, could you please respond to my PM.

Edited to add :- Contact now made.

Edited by David Schweizer