Anyone Lit Their Stoves Yet?

Retardedrocker

Featured Posts

That is surely the opposite of what it should do?

A) yes

cool.png no

Some Northerners are nesh, admittedly.

Edit: why on earth does a B followed by a bracket always come up as a face, whether the B is lower or upper case?

Because it's the shortcut for that smiley .... you can se the full list if you click on the smiley icon above the typing box and then click on "

Show All"

• 2 weeks later...

The beast is and has been on for a few days, Pycloud next door has had theirs on as well .

Nothing delights me more, seeing his boat disappear behind the cloud of smoke wen lighting from cold.

Wife has even made a stew already in the oven,

Got to find some more damp wood, as I can just make pyclouds boat again.lol

Col

I cleaned and inspected my chimney/flue when I bought boat earlier this year. All good I thought, but after a few fires of smokeless it didn't seem to be drawing as well so I had a look yesterday. Chimney shaped layers of rust held together with soot had peeled off the inside, fallen to the bottom and almost blocked the flue. With the help of a length of water hose I knocked the remaining peeling bits off.

Someone had previously fitted additional fire bricks each side of the grate but they were too thin so fitted a pair of engineering bricks either side instead and used one of the thinner fire bricks at the back. Now the fire is all above the grate It's quicker to light, easier to control and I reckon I'm set for the winter.

Happy days. :)