Lister FR compression change levers

badgerbag

Featured Posts

My FR2 has today started blowing badly from one of the compression change levers. So much so that the engine only wants to run properly in high comp. We're about 3 weeks away from our home marina. What's the best course of action? Try and strip it down by the side of the cut or head for home on H/C and fix it there? I've never had one of these apart so I don't know what I might find.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Probably sorted by now.

But, Nothing to do with exhaust valve it is as has been said the compression changover valve internals, run on high/start. Unfortunately with these engines because they are a bit odd(even for Listers) be very very careful with advice. Just to let you know I'm ex Listers (too young for FR's though) and I am right by the Sharpness / Gloucester ship canal in Cam, next door to where it was made in Dursley. I have the special tool/tools needed and some spare parts as I fiddle with these. Mike 07902 924007

Hi, many thanks everybody. After a few squirts of WD40 and flicking the levers up and down the valve eventually seated and has behaved (touch wood) since, I guess it's one of those things I'm going to have to live with, one of the joys of owning an old engine.

• 9 months later...

The trick I do with mine is when  I stop it after a long run I work the levers up and down  to free them off. Otherwise  the ccarbon build  up causes  them jam or not seal correctly.