don't bother going to Aldi

Murflynn

Featured Posts

Years ago we got stung into buying two kittens like that.

There was an attractive black and white one, and a black one. We went to buy the black and white one, and the shop assistant said to the black one, "oh you are all on your own now, all your brothers and sisters have gone".

We ended up buying both.

Moral of the story, don't go buying pets with the wife in tow!

(And to make matters worse she named them Bubble and Squeak. Whenever one got lost I was was forced to go out shouting Bubble, Bubble, or Squeak, Squeak. Neighbours must have thought I was a nutter!).

This nearly bloody happened to me about ten years ago. I was heading off to pay my electric bill when I swung past a pet shop for fish food, and ended up coming out with a tiny black kitten. This was totally unplanned, and I have now (and did then) have moral objections to pets of that type being sold in shops. She was only eight weeks old too, and I had to tuck her down my bike jacket to get her home-having spent the electric bill money on her. (Again, lost my mind in all sorts of ways that day...)

Having not learned my lesson, I phoned the shop the next day to ask if the other one, her sister was still there because I felt bad for her-fortunately, she had gone by that point.

She was the best cat ever though.

I expect it's a recognised marketing techniques in pet shops. Just put two out. Then when some mug has taken them both, put another two out!

Our black and white cat, Squeak, was more like a dog than a cat. She was friendly with all people, and would run up to people in the street to rube up against their legs.

A pub up in the Dales near Haworth had a beaten up old oak chair which had a sign on it stating that it was Branwell Bronte's regular pew on his nightly visits. A visiting American tourist insisted that he had to own it and paid silly money for it. Once it had been shipped the landlord turned to his son and said '"Go get another out of the loft lad!"

So went the tale told to me by my late father-in-law.

I can't remember everything, but a tin of green beans, surely a fairly common item, was not stocked by Aldi.

Yeah! but id like to see you buy a chainsaw,a kango hammer and an eco fan down in tescos and what they would charge for it. Green beans, i ask ye.What the hell is the world coming to?tongue.png

Yeah! but id like to see you buy a chainsaw,a kango hammer and an eco fan down in tescos and what they would charge for it. Green beans, i ask ye.What the hell is the world coming to?tongue.png

But I don't go to the supermarket in search of a chainsaw - and I would be wary of people who do.

As for the merits of tinned green beans, they may not be quite as toothsome as fresh ones, but they keep for far longer in the boat's food cupboard (we don't live on board and thus we like to keep a stock of non-perishable food so that we always have "emergency rations" if for any reason we can't go shopping on the way to our mooring.)

But I don't go to the supermarket in search of a chainsaw - and I would be wary of people who do.

As for the merits of tinned green beans, they may not be quite as toothsome as fresh ones, but they keep for far longer in the boat's food cupboard (we don't live on board and thus we like to keep a stock of non-perishable food so that we always have "emergency rations" if for any reason we can't go shopping on the way to our mooring.)

At the prices the sell for and the warrantys,i would be wary of people who dont. And that is still no excuse to eat tinned green beans. Personally, i would prefer to eat the chainsaw, definitely a bit more toothsome. But sure as the man said ''hunger is the sauce''icecream.gif