don't bother going to Aldi

Murflynn

Featured Posts

yesterday my wife was in Aldi and bought a Workzone toolkit with 2 Li-ion batteries, a drill/driver and a reciprocating saw, all for 29.99.

she was told it was the last one.

..................... and I have it. cool.png

And she didn't buy the stove fan? Sack her!

I rarely bother going to Aldi, or that other foreign one. While their prices are attractive, their range is very limited and if we do go into one (last time was in Atherstone a few weeks ago) we have to go into a proper supermarket afterwards to complete our shopping.

yesterday my wife was in Aldi and bought a Workzone toolkit with 2 Li-ion batteries, a drill/driver and a reciprocating saw, all for 29.99.

The important question is - where did you manage to buy a wife like that?

Yeah right.

A few years ago I saw a Loncin 2000 genny on sale in Midland chandeliers with a big sign on it saying "Last one, clearance price".

I bought it, and even before I'd finished paying for it at the till, there was a lad lugging another one out to put out on display under the sign...

Yeah right.

A few years ago I saw a Loncin 2000 genny on sale in Midland chandeliers with a big sign on it saying "Last one, clearance price".

I bought it, and even before I'd finished paying for it at the till, there was a lad lugging another one out to put out on display under the sign...

Years ago we got stung into buying two kittens like that.

There was an attractive black and white one, and a black one. We went to buy the black and white one, and the shop assistant said to the black one, "oh you are all on your own now, all your brothers and sisters have gone".

We ended up buying both.

Moral of the story, don't go buying pets with the wife in tow!

(And to make matters worse she named them Bubble and Squeak. Whenever one got lost I was was forced to go out shouting Bubble, Bubble, or Squeak, Squeak. Neighbours must have thought I was a nutter!).

• Greenie 2

Years ago we got stung into buying two kittens like that.

There was an attractive black and white one, and a black one. We went to buy the black and white one, and the shop assistant said to the black one, "oh you are all on your own now, all your brothers and sisters have gone".

We ended up buying both.

Moral of the story, don't go buying pets with the wife in tow!

(And to make matters worse she named them Bubble and Squeak. Whenever one got lost I was was forced to go out shouting Bubble, Bubble, or Squeak, Squeak. Neighbours must have thought I was a nutter!).

when we bought the little critter in my avatar pic, chosen in advance and properly planned, we took a friend with us who is a soft touch for anything cuddly.

she bought his brother

she then felt even worse because there was still one left from the litter, a small bitch, and she cried all the way home.

They also have a chainsaw on offer this Sunday, £50, worth a punt??

I'm not sure they'll accept old Irish currency.

The Hobgoblin sounds good though! I do hope it's in cans - the bottled version is worryingly strong.

I rarely bother going to Aldi, or that other foreign one. While their prices are attractive, their range is very limited and if we do go into one (last time was in Atherstone a few weeks ago) we have to go into a proper supermarket afterwards to complete our shopping.

But the money saved shopping there will enable you to buy even more of the exotic items that Mr Tesco stocks won't it?

Aldi bargain shopping list :

• Norpak butter
  • cooking bacon (steaks) if not in Aldi then in Lidl
  • ham trimmings (usually big slabs)
  • lemon and lime water in 1/2 litre bottles
  • Vive low cal cola
  • mini choc ices
  • salmon wellington
  • wetsuits
  • tools
  • gourmet aberdeen angus burgers

not beer - better selection at lower prices at Morrisons and Tesco.

Cans are for girls, get bottles or go home!

I might regret that statement in the morning.

I can't stand the taste of beer drunk from a can.

drunk from bottles is even better than from a glass.

Aldi bargain shopping list :

• Norpak butter
  • cooking bacon (steaks) if not in Aldi then in Lidl
  • ham trimmings (usually big slabs)
  • lemon and lime water in 1/2 litre bottles
  • Vive low cal cola
  • mini choc ices
  • salmon wellington
  • wetsuits
  • tools
  • gourmet aberdeen angus burgers
not beer - better selection at lower prices at Morrisons and Tesco. Paid £1.25 per bottle for beer yesterday in Aldi, good ales too. Tonic water is a bargain. Breakfast cereals, orange juice. We are fairly recent Aldi converts after spending years being ripped off at other supermarkets.

I can't stand the taste of beer drunk from a can.

drunk from bottles is even better than from a glass.

My post above is odd.. i didnt type alot thats there.. i never drink from bottles, never mentioned cans...bizarre,!

when we bought the little critter in my avatar pic, chosen in advance and properly planned, we took a friend with us who is a soft touch for anything cuddly.

she bought his brother

she then felt even worse because there was still one left from the litter, a small bitch, and she cried all the way home.

Greenie for that - I can't stop laughing at this!!

I find myself intrigued about what it is you buy elsewhere that Aldi don't have. Please elaborate.

Yeah right.

It was the sign that was the last one Mike, not the genny....

It's like going into a supermarket when abroad on holiday.

I can't remember who said that, possibly Frankie Boyl.

Like athy he was right though :)

I was in Homebase's a few weeks ago and in the "manager special" bit they had a folding workmate type bench. It looked really solid and was normally about £140 but was listed as "no packaging and faulty" and £30. I had a bit of a play and found that the two "pistol grip" type clamps were tightened so hard that they were jammed. Easy to sort, thought I.

That was when I had one of my less than bright moments. Another guy started looking at the same thing and concluded that it was broken. How smart am I -- I showed him how to fix it. Under his arm it went and off to the tills.

You guessed it. There was only one.

Am I the nicest bloke you know or the stupidest.

And I don't really want an answer to that question!! I already know.

I find myself intrigued about what it is you buy elsewhere that Aldi don't have. Please elaborate.

I can't remember everything, but a tin of green beans, surely a fairly common item, was not stocked by Aldi.

I can't remember everything, but a tin of green beans, surely a fairly common item, was not stocked by Aldi.

I don't think you have to justify the comment Mike it's pretty common knowledge that Aldi and Lidll don't stock the range of products that the other supermarkets do. That is not their business model and it's also one the ways they keep their prices so low. We are set to have the best of both worlds next year when Aldi open a store right next door to our local ASDA. It will be a no brainier to go to Aldi first and then pop next door for the stuff they don't stock.