Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

NEW: Following member feedback, we now have a Mooring & Marina Review forum. Post your review here.

Sign in to follow this  
alan_fincher

Possible Loughborough "Christmas Antidote" Banter This Year?

Loughborough Banter Choices  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these days do you prefer for a banter in Loughborough?

• Thursday 29th December
    • Friday 30th December
    • Saturday 7th January
    • Unfortunately I can't make any of those dates
    • I have no interest in attending the banter on any date
    • Saturday 31st December (New Year's Eve)
    • I can do any of these dates

Featured Posts

Rather than muddle it any more in the "possible Buckby banter" thread, I'll start one for Loughborough.

I note Richard T has already said....

With regards to the Loughborough or Stoke banter (I tongue in cheek suggested that organising a Stoke banter would give Ange and Dave an excuse to try out the local pubs now they are resident in the Five Towns!!) dates would have to be Thursday 29th or Friday 30th December. I'm happy to talk to the Paget if we want it in Loughborough.

but I thought the problem trying to organise it last year was that many people said they could not do weekday dates. I'm happy to be corrected, but believe they have always been at a weekend until now.

Of course the problem this year is that the Saturday evenings are either Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve, so doing a weekend would mean delaying until Saturday 7th Jan, which some may consider defeats the object of the exercise.

To gauge likely uptake for possible dates can people please complete the poll attached to this thread.

Edited by Ange

Funny enough I'd just posted on the Bukby thread that we're in Kent between Christmas and New Year so wouldn't be able to attend the Loughborough banter. 7th January would be good, and something to look forward to once the festivities are over.

Might just be possible on 7th January but students will be returning that weekend as term begins on 9th. I would have to talk to the landlord about this date.

Is the pub not available on New Years Eve? It's a Saturday and there's a bank holiday on 2nd so 31st would be a good date for people with "normal" working days. Or are you thinking everyone will already have other commitments for New Years Eve?

Or are you thinking everyone will already have other commitments for New Years Eve?

This really, but if people disagree, I can add it to the poll.

But will any pub actually allow us to take over a room (or whatever) on New Year's Eve ?

Ooh I think the poll needs adjusting to...I would make any date...and, 31st (if available with pub, a nye banter!)

I quite fancy nye, but it's all mother dependant for me at the moment!

Is the pub not available on New Years Eve? It's a Saturday and there's a bank holiday on 2nd so 31st would be a good date for people with "normal" working days. Or are you thinking everyone will already have other commitments for New Years Eve?

Ooh I think the poll needs adjusting to...I would make any date...and, 31st (if available with pub, a nye banter!)

I quite fancy nye, but it's all mother dependant for me at the moment!

OK, I have added New Year's Eve to the poll, although I don't think I can shuffle the order.

However this certainly requires that someone local like Richard makes enquiries to see if any pub will host us that evening.

Thanks cheers.gif

Well unless enthusiasm for this event increases somewhat, it seems whatever night we pick there may only be two of us there!

Well unless enthusiasm for this event increases somewhat, it seems whatever night we pick there may only be two of us there!

Which would still be a good night I am sure

Nowt wrong with a mini banter with the Finchers. :cheers:

As nobody has ticked the "I'm not interested" option it's more likely that people haven't read the post yet or had a chance to think about it rather than lack of enthusiasm. It's only been up two days, kids back at school, most people work weekdays and so on.

Incidentally, why is there a "I'm not interested" option in the poll? :lol::huh:;)

Nowt wrong with a mini banter with the Finchers. cheers.gif

As nobody has ticked the "I'm not interested" option it's more likely that people haven't read the post yet or had a chance to think about it rather than lack of enthusiasm. It's only been up two days, kids back at school, most people work weekdays and so on.

Incidentally, why is there a "I'm not interested" option in the poll? laugh.pnghuh.pngwink.png

To judge how many people think there is something wrong with a mini banter with the Finchers, of course!

OK I'm back from our travels round the canals of the north west midlands etc. So I can now go and talk to the landlord at the Paget. The big question is what date to go for?

Can I have some positive thoughts on this please.

OK I'm back from our travels round the canals of the north west midlands etc. So I can now go and talk to the landlord at the Paget. The big question is what date to go for?

Can I have some positive thoughts on this please.

We could really do with more responses to the poll, as none of the options currently has more than 3 votes!

I don't know if this is apathy, but given how successful last years event was, I'm surprised by the low number of responses. Mind you some of last yeas attendees have since elected to get themselves banned from CWDF!......

I have ticked Fri 30th but any date is OK for myself and Rene, smile.png

Which option should one vote for if all the dates are equally suitable?

Ah the pitfalls of setting up a poll!

EDIT:

I have just tried adding a new "I can do any of those dates" response, but am not seeing the option displayed to add another option. Is there some period of time after which you are not allowed to modify a post, in much the same way as you can 't edit a post after a period of time.

Edited by alan_fincher

Ah the pitfalls of setting up a poll!

EDIT:

I have just tried adding a new "I can do any of those dates" response, but am not seeing the option displayed to add another option. Is there some period of time after which you are not allowed to modify a post, in much the same way as you can 't edit a post after a period of time.

I've added the extra option.

I've chosen the Friday 30th for Lemontoes and I but we would be more than happy to extend to Saturday 31st and spend NYE in Loughborough with other like minded folks who choose to do the same thing

I've chosen the Friday 30th for Lemontoes and I but we would be more than happy to extend to Saturday 31st and spend NYE in Loughborough with other like minded folks who choose to do the same thing

:clapping:

Well still hardly great waves of enthusiasm, if I'm honest, but perhaps I didn't ask the question well!

I'm genuinely surprised that Dec 30th and maybe even Dec 31st seem to be the most popular options, (even admittedly with small numbers), but I guess they are looking favourite at the moment.

Perhaps Richard T could make some enquiries regarding those particular nights. However, unless a host more people come forward, its not looking like we need a large room to ourselves, or for the pub to order extra beer in. However I guess we at least need to know a pub is open, and nothing going on that conflicts too much with bantering.

We haven't yet voted ourselves, but in principle we could, I think do those nights. It would be an odd experience for us though - I can't remember a New Year in a very long while when we have not been at home!

I'm wishing we weren't in Kent between Christmas and New Year - we've rarely missed a Loughborough banter but family promises have been made.

May be worth starting an event on Facebook Alan - there's a few members who no longer post here who are active there.