Shower head, anyone heard of/tried these?

Dave Payne

Featured Posts

Can't see how it can work, not without crystals in it to balance the yang and yang smile.png

Edited to add a missing smiley (why don't the emoticons on my Samsung tablet work on This forum?)

I think it will work better if you take all those lentils out of the handle.

Er, the pressure behind the water flow is exactly the same, but the velocity through the remaining holes is increased.

Yes i realise the pressure behind the water flow is the same :)

I think they are relying on people assuming that the "pressure" is what you feel against your skin when you spray water at it. As you say it is the water velocity .

We know that it is not actually the "water pressure" but it may be that is what they are referring to.

Marketing speak perhaps ?

(And also a translation from a far east language by the look of it)

Marketing speak is often nonsense -- think of "up to 100% improvement" -- a 1% improvement is within the range. So is 0.0001% for that matter.

My favourite marketing speke rant is about is wnen they when things like "ten times smaller" or "ten times less", when they actually mean 10% or one tenth.

E.g. "Our new energy efficient lamps use ten times less power than ordinary lamps"... grrrrr

Er, the pressure behind the water flow is exactly the same, but the velocity through the remaining holes is increased.

Very true. We have a water saving shower head on the boat, basically it has smaller holes so you get less water but at higher velocity coming out. That said we got it for free, not sure I would have bought one.

My favourite marketing speke rant is about is wnen they when things like "ten times smaller" or "ten times less", when they actually mean 10% or one tenth.

E.g. "Our new energy efficient lamps use ten times less power than ordinary lamps"... grrrrr

I hate that. I actually wrote to the BBC about one of their documentaries referring to "Ben scoring eight times less than Rachel". In the same documentary they referred to the "guide ropes" tensioning a tent...

I expect that rubbish on Channel 5 but not the Beeb.

• 9 months later...

Fitted one of these last week, gonna be honest...... i love it.

uses less water, which is obviously because it has smaller, less holes than my other shower head, but it actually cleans and feels better than my old shower head, the pressure is better, again because of the holes, no idea if it filters anything nasty out, but for the cost i can highly recommend it.

Now shoot me down.

Just now, Dave Payne said:

Fitted one of these last week, gonna be honest...... i love it.

uses less water, which is obviously because it has smaller, less holes than my other shower head, but it actually cleans and feels better than my old shower head, the pressure is better, again because of the holes, no idea if it filters anything nasty out, but for the cost i can highly recommend it.

Now shoot me down.

There's no target!