Sabb 10 hp one pot diesel.

NbPlod

Featured Posts

Any one know of someone who is familiar with these engines and could do a refurb?

There was a bloke at UCC Union Canal Carriers at Braunston who was good with Sabbs. Nice engines. I put a 2G in a narrow boat once - very nice proper marine engines.

Have you got a Barney Boat?

http://www.unioncanalcarriers.co.uk/

Edited by magnetman

Jonathon Hewitt at Union Canal Carriers is the man for you. They still have Sabbs in some of their smaller hire boats. He has an excellent reputation - talk to Allan Jones aka KeepingUp.

I agree that Jonathan is an excellent engineer--this year he rebuilt my JP2. However, don't expect your work to be done immediately, as he has a long waiting list. Speak to him asap.

I agree that Jonathan is an excellent engineer--this year he rebuilt my JP2. However, don't expect your work to be done immediately, as he has a long waiting list. Speak to him asap.

Exactly this.

I needed an engine rebuilt, and he was not able to commit to doing it any point next year, let alone this year unfortunately, so despite his excellent reputation I couldn't use him.

He is, however, undoubtedly an expert on the lovely little Sabb engines, so if you can book him, I would.

Any one know of someone who is familiar with these engines and could do a refurb?

I remember your boat, it sounds a treat plodding along

Jonathon Hewitt at Union Canal Carriers is the man for you. They still have Sabbs in some of their smaller hire boats. He has an excellent reputation - talk to Allan Jones aka KeepingUp.

I have a feeling he may know the boat already, I use to see it in Braunston

• 9 months later...

Pick my first ever narrowboat up in a couple of weeks.  It has a single cylinder 10hp bukh engine.

Wondering if it's clunk clunk type sound track drive us insane on a long journey??

Any thoughts? :D

11 hours ago, Tom766 said:

Pick my first ever narrowboat up in a couple of weeks.  It has a single cylinder 10hp bukh engine.

Wondering if it's clunk clunk type sound track drive us insane on a long journey??

Any thoughts? :D

I lveaboard and will not entertain anything but modern japanese megga reliable, quiet, smooth engines......HOWEVER a boat I did own for a few years had a 3 pot Bukh and it was an awesome PROPER marine diesel engine and better than a marinised bus engine prefered by many. Bukh are quite simply theeee best boat engines.

Mostly just old and tired. Bit of a water leak and I haven't run it for quite a while. It was very difficult to start in the cold weather and at the moment I can't hand crank it, it will turn but with a lot of resistance. Perhaps the decompression lever is u/s. Haven't got enough juice in the old batteries to turn her on the starter at the moment.