Mooring away from home.

NbPlod

Featured Posts

Maybe it would be better to concentrate on what the rules are as far as CRT are concerned and what they mean and not spend pages saying whatever CRT say they are wrong but the only way you can prove it is by take CRT to court or wait for them to take you to court. That on the whole achieves nothing for the guys&gals who just want to be able to use the canals as peacefully as possible without hassle or aggravation.

For those who are happy to take on CRT that is OK and they will have my support. But in the meantime we need to remember people who want a quiet gentle life on the canals be they home moorers or CCers.

Friedrich Gustav Emil Martin Niemöller comes to mind when the 'pacifists' spout such nonsense.

Friedrich Gustav Emil Martin Niemöller comes to mind when the 'pacifists' spout such nonsense.

Oh Alan that is insulting, maybe even reportable under the forum rules, it is not being a pacifist to fight yourself whilst keeping those that cannot or will not fight, for whatever reason, safe and secure and giving them information that keeps them safe.

At the end of the day a Judge in Tony's case may or may not make a decision on who is right or wrong. So long as Tony lets it go the full course. From the way he appears to be talking there will be no decision and he will just buy a PBC. But who knows how it will end, Tony may or he may not.

ETA pacifist

a person who believes that war and violence are unjustifiable.
Anyone who knows me knows that is not me :)
Edited by Geo

At the end of the day a Judge in Tony's case may or may not make a decision on who is right or wrong. So long as Tony lets it go the full course. From the way he appears to be talking there will be no decision and he will just buy a PBC.

You have formed an over simplistic and far from accurate view of the true situation.

My present dispute with C&RT began when I refused to buy either a boat Licence or a PBC whilst my boat, and I, were laid-up out of commission and out of the MNC of a PRN river.

At no time was it ever my intention to use the boat in the MNC without a PBC, and despite being made aware from the outset that I would be buying a PBC just prior to the boat being re-commissioned and returned to use, C&RT chose, for the second time in two years, to initiate Section 8 proceedings which they knew full well I could force them into abandoning, either intentionally, if at any time I bought a PBC with the sole objective of pissing them about and demonstrating what a bunch of malevolent and stupid prats they are, or unintentionally, by way of an unwelcome [for C&RT] side-effect, if I bought a PBC solely in order to comply with the law after re-commissioning my boat.

Of course, another aspect of C&RT's persistent use of inappropriate legislation in the shape of S.8 of the 1983 Act is that because it wasn't intended to be used in the way that C&RT now habitually does, it simply does NOT work unless the intended victim submits to the threat and allows it to.

Something else which should also now be exercising C&RT's warped minds with regard to their Claim against me, and the Directions hearing listed for the 17th of next month, is the High Court decision that MNC and PRN issues warrant an airing at higher level than County Court.

Edited by Tony Dunkley

You have formed an over simplistic and far from accurate view of the true situation.

Something else which should also now be exercising C&RT's warped minds with regard to their Claim against me, and the Directions hearing listed for the 17th of next month, is the High Court decision that MNC and PRN issues warrant an airing at higher level than County Court.

It may be in your opinion that it is simplistic but it is not a far from accurate view, as we are on the same side lets agree to disagree.

Yes with the High Court going to hear the MNC & PRN matters as well, maybe you need to grab that with both hands and see if you cannot get ruling by the High Court.

Edited by Geo

Ok, so I bought a boat that needs a bit of work. I can get a relatively cheap mooring in Northampton but I don't drive and it's on the wrong side of twenty odd locks.From time to time I would like to moor her closer to home for several weeks while I work on her rather than spend time travelling back and forth. Hence the question.

Ok, so I bought a boat that needs a bit of work. I can get a relatively cheap mooring in Northampton but I don't drive and it's on the wrong side of twenty odd locks.From time to time I would like to moor her closer to home for several weeks while I work on her rather than spend time travelling back and forth. Hence the question.

My mind is asking how long is this 'bit of work' going to take. I suspect if it is going to take a month or so the I would ask CRT for permission. I know others have had refurbishment work that needed doing and permission was give for them to remain on 14 day moorings for 3 months in one case. Of course if it morphs into forever CRT will tend to get upset.

Is your intention to get a [home] mooring in the EA owned marina in Northampton ? . . . if so, then you need have no more concerns with regard to C&RT being able to cause you any grief over using and mooring your boat on the canal closer to home.

To the question you asked at the start of this topic ~ " If I conform to the 14 day rule and move her about a bit will I fall foul of the CRT? " ~ the answer is no, but they will try to make you believe otherwise.

Buy what's called a 'Gold Licence', which covers you for all C&RT and EA waters, and your location and circumstances will be such that C&RT won't be in a position to impose any of what has now become their now customary, fanciful nonsense on either you or your boat.

Is your intention to get a [home] mooring in the EA owned marina in Northampton ? . . . if so, then you need have no more concerns with regard to C&RT being able to cause you any grief over using and mooring your boat on the canal closer to home.

To the question you asked at the start of this topic ~ " If I conform to the 14 day rule and move her about a bit will I fall foul of the CRT? " ~ the answer is no, but they will try to make you believe otherwise.

Buy what's called a 'Gold Licence', which covers you for all C&RT and EA waters, and your location and circumstances will be such that C&RT won't be in a position to impose any of what has now become their now customary, fanciful nonsense on either you or your boat.

Not sure how you get to this. A Gold Licence is a CRT licence that allows a CRT registered boat to use EA waters etc without paying an extra fee, but to my understanding it is issued under CRT T&Cs. So please explain the difference?

I can't (of course) speak for C&RT but this strike me as 8/10 on the reasonabless rating (provided NB Plod does not extract the urine too much): -

A shortish (but excessive for a non-driver) distance from his home mooring - a stated and once only reason for the request - an intent to comply as best he is able both during the work (moving every now and then) and after (put it back on his mooring)

Not sure how you get to this. A Gold Licence is a CRT licence that allows a CRT registered boat to use EA waters etc without paying an extra fee, but to my understanding it is issued under CRT T&Cs. So please explain the difference?

It's straightforward enough really. Just consider the situation C&RT would find themselves in, were they to be foolish enough to embark on another of their Licence revoking / Section 8'ing pantomimes with a boat 'licensed' to use their canal, but 'registered' [ by them ] to use an adjoining river navigation which is not under their control, but which is the location of the boat's [home] mooring.

It's straightforward enough really. Just consider the situation C&RT would find themselves in, were they to be foolish enough to embark on another of their Licence revoking / Section 8'ing pantomimes with a boat 'licensed' to use their canal, but 'registered' [ by them ] to use an adjoining river navigation which is not under their control, but which is the location of the boat's [home] mooring.

If I understand the present political situation at CRT correctly, they will impose there licence terms and conditions to any boat on their waters, whether the mooring is on CRT waters or EA waters. In fact thinking about it I can see a situation where a mooring that is several days away and the boat is always in area A would make them seriously consider this person should have a Gold CCer licence.

I think that you are missing the important point, if someone wants to challenge CRT then fine, if they just want to get their boat refurbished obey the rules and talk to CRT and they will probably agree quite a long overstay.

• Greenie 1

If I understand the present political situation at CRT correctly, they will impose there licence terms and conditions to any boat on their waters, whether the mooring is on CRT waters or EA waters. In fact thinking about it I can see a situation where a mooring that is several days away and the boat is always in area A would make them seriously consider this person should have a Gold CCer licence.

I think that you are missing the important point, if someone wants to challenge CRT then fine, if they just want to get their boat refurbished obey the rules and talk to CRT and they will probably agree quite a long overstay.

Your understanding and view of the situation is very C&RT 'ish, and you have, I think, also just invented a new type of Licence, the "Gold CC'er" for boats with a home mooring.

The 'point' is that a great many of the Licence T&C's, or 'rules' as you call them, together with the 'authorized overstay' nonsense, that C&RT are conning boaters into accepting and complying with are nothing more than meaningless drivel which cannot be enforced other than by C&RT themselves acting unlawfully. Every success that C&RT achieve in this deception will do nothing other than to encourage them to persist in it all the more.

Your understanding and view of the situation is very C&RT 'ish, and you have, I think, also just invented a new type of Licence, the "Gold CC'er" for boats with a home mooring.

The 'point' is that a great many of the Licence T&C's, or 'rules' as you call them, together with the 'authorized overstay' nonsense, that C&RT are conning boaters into accepting and complying with are nothing more than meaningless drivel which cannot be enforced other than by C&RT themselves acting unlawfully. Every success that C&RT achieve in this deception will do nothing other than to encourage them to persist in it all the more.

Interesting I can understand the situation from both sides of the coin one side those that wish to spend their time using the canal for pleasure, peacefully and enjoyably without triggering what you see as an ogre into chasing them and the traditionalists who wish to keep things exactly the same as they were in the past, maybe even turn the clock back a hundred years or so.

What you miss` is that people on the whole do not want to be fighting CRT for months or even years with all the aggravation, worry, upset etc that entails. You have decided to do it. Personally from my reading of the Acts I think you are far enough correct for a Judge to agree with you and therefore I give you my support.

Edited by Geo

A gold licence does incur an extra fee.

Fred