Garden decking for firewood

AllanC

Featured Posts

And in the building trade we used to give builders a free pint of milk a day when they were cutting and fixing asbestos. No doubt if they had complained it would have been classed as scaremongering.

Eta - actually they were paid an allowance for milk which probably went on beer instead, I know in those days that's where my pay went.

My dad died in May from mesothelioma, as a result of asbestos exposure as a 17yo apprentice. He was given a glass of milk when they came out of that dusty room "to wash it down". Sadly the peak of meso incidence is likely to be in about 2020, according to his consultant.

I've been made aware of a boat fairly local to me, whose owners burned decking. Their boat has corroded badly around the chimney (which is destroyed) and in the drip spot on the gunnels. I certainly wouldn't burn any sort of treated timber even as kindling. Really. Not good.