Waxis on the Bridgewater

journeyperson

Featured Posts

The tram line is only in the planning stage, It be at least another three years before it is opened.

The tram has been operating between Sale and Manchester for 25 years. From the Cathedral to Media City it has been running for six years. The one opening in three years will be the line to the Trafford Centre but as far as I can see no-one has mentioned that line.

• 7 months later...

I Cruised into Manchester at the week-end and met with the Waxis coming out of Manchester, I think its been mentioned before but I was surprised at how fast it travels, huge wake that flooded the towpath and had walkers having to get out of the wash, it also left my prop out of water in the troughs as we passed. Outboard looks bigger that 70horses to me

I assume it needs to be quick to make this financially viable but it cant be right, Does the 4mph not apply to commercial traffic, I know its good to bring people onto the canal but this cant be good for the canal itself - can it ?

Edited by sniffy
change of text
  • Greenie 1