My Last Contribution to Boating

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

John,

All the best with your new chapter in your life. I have enjoyed reading your contributions to this forum whilst I have lurked and been a member. Please keep us updated on your new worthwhile project and all the best for helping of those in need.

Calm seas and a fair wind

Best of luck John. This is a huge loss to the canals, given all the work you've done for us over the years. Sadly, cloning technology hasn't reached the point where we can create a second John to keep up the waterways campaigning.

Let me know when you're next visiting Brum and we'll go for that long overdue drink. I'd love to hear all about your work in Greece.

Best of luck John. This is a huge loss to the canals, given all the work you've done for us over the years. Sadly, cloning technology hasn't reached the point where we can create a second John to keep up the waterways campaigning.

Let me know when you're next visiting Brum and we'll go for that long overdue drink. I'd love to hear all about your work in Greece.

Thanks Dave I am visiting my Mother for a few days having just driven back from Greece. I am due in Birmingham on Sunday and leave for Greece (by plane this time) on Tuesday so if that short time frame works great.

I don't think CRT would like the idea of a clone :)

Edited by cotswoldsman

Hi John - I am sorry that other commitments prevented my participation in 'Dance on Water 2016'. I don't think this venture received the media exposure it deserved.

I will email you a link to the Black Buoy Cruising Club 'Chernobyl Children's Boating Day' (a rather more modest effort) involving children in remission from cancer.

Good luck with your latest charitable efforts

Edited by Allan(nb Albert)

Hi John - I am sorry that other commitments prevented my participation in 'Dance on Water 2016'. I don't think this venture received the media exposure it deserved.

I will email you a link to the Black Buoy Cruising Club 'Chernobyl Children's Boating Day' (a rather more modest effort) involving children in remission from cancer.

Good luck with your latest charitable efforts

Thanks for that Allan, yes it was rather low key CRT certainly did not seem interested compared to last year where they had a team of people doing PR. I wonder if a certain person at the top of CRT ignored it due to my stronger participation this year. In the end it is all about the children and opening their eyes to the waterways and in this case combined with the arts. I think the video shows the benefits.

Thankfully we managed to find the funders. Look forward to the link I know how much you do for children on the waterways.

Edited by cotswoldsman

Thanks Dave I am visiting my Mother for a few days having just driven back from Greece. I am due in Birmingham on Sunday and leave for Greece (by plane this time) on Tuesday so if that short time frame works great.

I don't think CRT would like the idea of a clone smile.png

I'm away in that London for the next couple of weeks. Will have to be another time.

All the best for the future John.

We never met, but like Dharl, I feel I know you from reading your posts, both as a lurker and as a forum member.

I am sure you will make a very positive contribution to the lives of the unfortunate refugees.