Bull baiting

Big Ade

Featured Posts

I've been doing a bit (well a lot actually) of bull baiting recently. It's a blast.

My 57 foot boat has a bow thruster and I when I used it to manouver next to field of young bullocks they all became very interested at the noise it made. At first it was just one or two then the others got up and came over. The closest started to toss their heads and paw the ground, much like the fighting bulls of Spain.

So as we cruised alongside their field I gave burst of thruster. I moved a herd of 30+ excited bullocks across two fields and about 1/4 of a mile.

I've tried it on other bullocks and bulls with the same interest and effect.

Anyone else noticed or tried this?

Ade

Our boat hasn't got a girly button so we can't try it, but it sounds like good fun.

I do like your boat's name, as I was brought up in Sheffield and remember kids saying "Ghee Oar! Gerroff!", and my Mum telling Dad to "Stop whittling!" which I assume is its inspiration.

Our boat hasn't got a girly button so we can't try it, but it sounds like good fun.

I do like your boat's name, as I was brought up in Sheffield and remember kids saying "Ghee Oar! Gerroff!", and my Mum telling Dad to "Stop whittling!" which I assume is its inspiration.

Can I have some of whatever you're smoking?

(On second thoughts maybe not, I have work tomorrow....)

I've been doing a bit (well a lot actually) of bull baiting recently. It's a blast.

My 57 foot boat has a bow thruster and I when I used it to manouver next to field of young bullocks they all became very interested at the noise it made. At first it was just one or two then the others got up and came over. The closest started to toss their heads and paw the ground, much like the fighting bulls of Spain.

So as we cruised alongside their field I gave burst of thruster. I moved a herd of 30+ excited bullocks across two fields and about 1/4 of a mile.

Ade

I'm sure the farmer was well choughed with your magnificent performance as well !!

Did he / she want their cattle moved two fields, or a 1/4 of a mile from where they put them then?

We're not allowed to call people Doughnuts ('Coz it's against forum rules, and it might cause offense), so i'll give you a blast of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3k6wSQCB-g for being such a Silly Billy.

We're not allowed to call people Doughnuts

THough I have rarely, if ever, heard the term "doughnut" used to describe a human being, I can't see what's offensive about it. Perhaps you could explain.

Cattle, being self-propelled, are quite capable of walking a quarter of a mile without human intervention. What's the difference?

Edited by Athy

I'm sure the farmer was well choughed with your magnificent performance as well !!

Did he / she want their cattle moved two fields, or a 1/4 of a mile from where they put them then?

Equally to the point the animals were clearly stressed as shown by the pawing the ground "much like the fighting bulls of Spain".

Did the farmer want his stock stressed By the tone of the post it suggests others go along the canal stressing any stock which takes their fancy for a bit of "entertainment".?

Ade

I wonder what the bullocks and the farmer who owns them, thinks of you, . . . . you're probably just about capable of figuring out what my opinion of you is !

• Greenie 1

You're on a HIDEing to nothing. Obviously a miSTEAK. you have caused a bit of a RUMPous, with your SHINanigons.

People can write some TRIPE on here, and are getting into a right STEW.

Martyn

So you think you can take a topic and fillet with puns? You're ribbing us, surely? To heel, boy, and stop talking bullocks.

THough I have rarely, if ever, heard the term "doughnut" used to describe a human being, I can't see what's offensive about it. Perhaps you could explain.

Cattle, being self-propelled, are quite capable of walking a quarter of a mile without human intervention. What's the difference?

Neither can I.

But when I called a certain forum member a doughnut, for posting totally erroneous information to another members question. My post was zapped by a MOD's lazer beam, and I received a PM from the MOD, saying it was offensive & against forum rules.

Hence the 'Tongue In Cheek' attempt at humour.

Edited by Mutts

Neither can I.

But when I called a certain forum member a doughnut, for posting totally erroneous information to another members question. My post was zapped by a MOD's lazer beam, and I was received a PM from the MOD, saying it was offensive & against forum rules.

I doughnut understand why. Perhaps the moderator in question could explain to us what is so offensive about this word - and indeed, why we should not offend anyone. Surely that's part and parcel of discussion. I on't see anything wrong with offending people, as long as it's done on purpose. If it's accidental, then of course one should apologise.

Perhaps your post included other content which was ruder?

Edited by Athy

I doughnut understand why. Perhaps the moderator in question could explain to us what is so offensive about this word - and indeed, why we should not offend anyone. Surely that's part and parcel of discussion. I on't see anything wrong with offending people, as long as it's done on purpose. If it's accidental, then of course one should apologise.

Perhaps your post included other content which was ruder?

No other xxx content involved. Just called the numpty a doughnut.

With all this talk of doughnut's, were going to have Phil sniffing around :-)

ETA: Excuse fat fingers on a tiny phone