Engine number

Jrtm

Featured Posts

Any idea of what the original bolinder number was for towy i have no idea where to look for thos sort of info.

Im having some new engine plates made up so want to get a bolinder one and a james pollocks one made up but need towys bolinder number to get it engraved.

Im also going to have a plate made up for the national engine this i have the number but did they come with a plate on the engines or to put in the boats or if guccc had an engine supplyers plate (like the pollocks plates) if so anyone have any idea what they looked like if not ill just have a bolinder one made but with national on instead of bolinder.

Last but no least the bolinder plates and pollocks playes were brass if the nationals or guccc boats did have a plate were they brass?

If anyone wants a plate making at the same time i can see if i can get a bulk buy done but the plates will be made in the next few weeks

Edited by billybobbooth

Any idea of what the original bolinder number was for towy i have no idea where to look for thos sort of info.

Im having some new engine plates made up so want to get a bolinder one and a james pollocks one made up but need towys bolinder number to get it engraved.

'Pollocks' were only a franchised distributor of Bolinder engines, but this was terminated in 1930 as Bolinder had set up their own U.K. operation.

This means that it is highly unlikely that the Bolinder in TOWY (built 1938) was supplied by 'Pollocks', so it would not have had one of their plates captain.gif

Does anyone go to Ellesmere port regularly? Reason i ask is there is a or at least was a national engine on display from the pics looks like its below the bottom of the of the stair case where friendship is. It has its engine plate on it wondered if anyone could take a photo of it with the width and hight measurements only if your going im planning on going but wont be till easter.