Sleep patterns

Ben69

Featured Posts

We seem to sleep better on the boat. But we are on the boat only from April to October. This coincides with warmer nights and more light.

The boat bed is only a standard double. The home bed is larger.

What I'm really saying is that I have absolutely no idea why we sleep better....more relaxed?....more exhaust fumes breathed in?....more jumping around doing locks?.....more sitting around reading books?

We were just talking about this. This is our first week as CCs; we picked our boat up at Longport on the Trent last Saturday, and started cruising Sunday morning, we had to reach the Ashby by this weekend. We did it in 4 wonderful exhilarating days and have never slept so much! We've discovered muscles we never knew we had, we're sunburnt, chilled, and very happy. Last night we went to bed at 8.30pm, and didn't wake until 7 this morning! Never been this early to bed for yonks! We're sleeping like babies - and long may this continue as we're both looking really fit and healthy. Years have dropped off!

Edited by Jennifer McM
  • Greenie 2

We were just talking about this. This is our first week as CCs; we picked our boat up at Longport on the Trent last Saturday, and started cruising Sunday morning, we had to reach the Ashby by this weekend. We did it in 4 wonderful exhilarating days and have never slept so much! We've discovered muscles we never knew we had, we're sunburnt, chilled, and very happy. Last night we went to bed at 8.30pm, and didn't wake until 7 this morning! Never been this early to bed for yonks! We're sleeping like babies - and long may this continue as we're both looking really fit and healthy. Years have dropped off!

Sounds like you got lucky with your boat and have actually acquired yourselves a time machine. Nice one, i could do with one of those myself. Happy cruising.smile.png

• Greenie 1