Enterprise No. 1 on the river

mykaskin

Featured Posts

It's about time somebody told Bernard he's owned that boat for far too long.

He's just being selfish and needs to share the happiness.

I suspect he has just spent quite a large sum of money getting it put back in good order.

Perhaps he wants to recoup some of his outlay in sheer enjoyment!

It's about time somebody told Bernard he's owned that boat for far too long.

He's just being selfish and needs to share the happiness.

Brilliant video, thanks

Totally agree think all owners who have had the nice boats for more than 50m years should give them all to me!

I thing he bought her around a sim time dad got dane. Its been sence the 70s i beleive.

Its a lovely boat. Quite bacic inside but they have done it in a style of what boatman would have had them like had they carried in.

Not much noise as its got quite a long exhaust pipe and a fair bit of silancing i think

Totally agree think all owners who have had the nice boats for more than 50m years should give them all to me!

I thing he bought her around a sim time dad got dane. Its been sence the 70s i beleive.

Its a lovely boat. Quite bacic inside but they have done it in a style of what boatman would have had them like had they carried in.

Not much noise as its got quite a long exhaust pipe and a fair bit of silancing i think

Maybe your dad bought "Dane" of an old friend of mine who bought her in 1958 together with his brother, they were the Parson's brothers, although she may have changed owners inbetween them and your dad of course.

Peter.

No idea. I know he bought it in the 70s and had empire at the time. Then sold it after he got dane. I thought the jinks bought dane i know they ran it in tco days but there are a few pics in private hands where they called it THE DANE are a few one with vesta. So maybe they got it from jinks and then dad got it from them

No idea. I know he bought it in the 70s and had empire at the time. Then sold it after he got dane. I thought the jinks bought dane i know they ran it in tco days but there are a few pics in private hands where they called it THE DANE are a few one with vesta. So maybe they got it from jinks and then dad got it from them

All I know is that they bought "Dane" in 1958, and have no idea who sold her to them, and I also don't know when they sold her, but think that this must have been surely somewhere halfway the 60s, as that's when Richard started the conversion of the first Hotel-barge in France.

Peter.

Maybe your dad bought "Dane" of an old friend of mine who bought her in 1958 together with his brother, they were the Parson's brothers, although she may have changed owners inbetween them and your dad of course.

Peter.

All I know is that they bought "Dane" in 1958, and have no idea who sold her to them, and I also don't know when they sold her, but think that this must have been surely somewhere halfway the 60s, as that's when Richard started the conversion of the first Hotel-barge in France.

Peter.

Thomas Clayton (Oldbury) Ltd. company records state that DANE was sold to Mr Parsons on 21 March 1961, and that would be Richard and John Parsons.

DANE was resold in 1965 or 1966 to O'Sullivan of Whittington Lock near Kinver, and then again to Bob Jones, London in 1971.

Richard Booth purchased DANE in March 1977, removed the house boat conversion in 1983 and fitted a fore cabin in 1991. Mr Booth sold DANE in November 2008 (current owners name known to me but withheld) captain.gif

edit = I have seen no evidence that the Jinks family owned DANE, but there is plenty of evidence that they worked it for Thomas Clayton (Oldbury) Ltd..

Edited by pete harrison

Thomas Clayton (Oldbury) Ltd. company records state that DANE was sold to Mr Parsons on 21 March 1961, and that would be Richard and John Parsons.

DANE was resold in 1965 or 1966 to O'Sullivan of Whittington Lock near Kinver, and then again to Bob Jones, London in 1971.

Richard Booth purchased DANE in March 1977, removed the house boat conversion in 1983 and fitted a fore cabin in 1991. Mr Booth sold DANE in November 2008 (current owners name known to me but withheld) captain.gif

edit = I have seen no evidence that the Jinks family owned DANE, but there is plenty of evidence that they worked it for Thomas Clayton (Oldbury) Ltd..

Hi Pete, you always surprise me with all the information you have.

Richard and John Parsons were indeed the 2 brothers that bought "Dane" and it was Richard who told me that this was in '58, but so many things happened at that time in his life that your date is surely the correct one.

Thanks for your detailed info.

Peter.

There is def a few pics of john jinks on her after sold from claytons as it has the dane on the side. But this dosnt mean they owned it.

Last time i saw I on dane they didnt have the butty but that was 2015 i think it was.

Bit confused as to why you wont say there name though pete?

Cant find puc but def has john on her with the dane on the sidw same as above

http://www.blisworth.org.uk/images/Payler%20Albums/TClayton/TClayton.htm

Found it

Edited by billybobbooth