42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

To clarify my earlier comments

i did indeed mean to seal the fixtures , where metal meets metal if u like . I suggested a possible leaky mushroom vent but it could be a pidgeon box or houdini hatch . I honestly don t know which fixtures are possibly leaking .

My point was that if the bed is WET then there must be water coming in from above it and i would consider fixing the leak a massive priority . Even a bit of tarp placed over it loosely will help and yet still allow it to function ( if it s a mushrrom vent afterall )

But , if the beds damp then its possibly condensation . Are the windows in the bedroom open ? If not are they streaming with condensation ?

As i mentioned before , closing the windows is a reasonable response to the cold when you put the heating on ...... in a house . But not in a boat as ventillation must be maintained or the water vapour from 4 sets of lungs on MissMaxs 42 ft boat is potentially quite alot ( i dunno tell the truth - im theorising . Lots of lungs but not lots of boat ?)

Anyway , thats all i meant - if the roof fittings are leaking then sort them asap even with a temporary fix that can be neatened up later , or look at the ventillation because either way be it a leak or heavy condensation , neither is good .

cheers

• Greenie 1

Why didn't you just ask Pennine Boats to do your service.

I did but they haven't got back to me and the manager is off for a while. Not sure how much they will charge although between RCR and Pennine i would rather have Pennine boats sort things out (because they understand me :) )

Used four tubes of gutter and window gunky stuff on the mushrooms (NASA will post pics) Bled radiators, no air came out just a trickle of water. Did i do it right or wrong?

Bought a new hose as the last one did my blooming nut in (Kink City).

How does Mr Harry the S***** know he is only 40 mins away from me!?! Isn't this proof he dumps his kids on my boat then jets off to Milton Keynes to drink from pink coconuts! can't wait for him to come down and drive the boat while i nag him (ive been practicing on the pup)

Can i use a electric shaver on my portable invertor. My head isn't worth £5 a visit

What oil goes in a engine?

I did but they haven't got back to me and the manager is off for a while. Not sure how much they will charge although between RCR and Pennine i would rather have Pennine boats sort things out (because they understand me smile.png )

Used four tubes of gutter and window gunky stuff on the mushrooms (NASA will post pics) Bled radiators, no air came out just a trickle of water. Did i do it right or wrong?

How does Mr Harry the S***** know he is only 40 mins away from me!?! Isn't this proof he dumps his kids on my boat then jets off to Milton Keynes to drink from pink coconuts! can't wait for him to come down and drive the boat while i nag him (ive been practicing on the pup)

Can i use a electric shaver on my portable invertor. My head isn't worth £5 a visit

It it's a modern engine, probably 20/50 oil. If it's an old one, could be "straight 30" (that's what ours drinks, though sparingly).

If you bleed radiators and there's air in them, you usually hear a hiss as the air escapes, then a trickle of water (at which point it's wise to tighten the screw thing up again). If water comes out straight away that suggests that there is no air in them.

I did but they haven't got back to me and the manager is off for a while. Not sure how much they will charge although between RCR and Pennine i would rather have Pennine boats sort things out (because they understand me smile.png )

Hi Max..please let someone show you first how to service your engine...I often have a go at stuff and Ive made a pigs ear more times than i care to remember then it costs more to fix.

Re electric shaver on portable inverter..again if u mess up it could cost more than £5..wait till those who know about this stuff advise.

You are doing so well...when you have these really good ideas wait 24 hours and then see if they are still really good...

Take care

• Greenie 1

Why does Patty-Ann keep being the voice of reason on this thread? (cancels Amazon order of some rather pretty sheep clippers)

This morning i found out that my boat melted :(

3Leip8J.jpg

AFUGb8F.jpg

ScBfA9n.jpg

4D0zxp5.jpg

pgrpaYj.jpg

How the blue blazes are they selling this and yet it melts in a torrential rain storm Grrrrr! looks like someone went slap happy with a tube of toothpaste

down one side of my boat :( used the floor tiles from pondland to cover the solar panels that don't work but collect water after chucking a load of sealant in first

Speaking of sides

My boat tilts to the left (told you it's a boy) is this why it steers odd? even the sealant went down the left side and maybe that is why the engine bit has

lots of slabs and that big iron slab on the right. Should i be worried?

sKAz4XV.jpg

My hair is still growning. Any advice for DIY hair lopping :)

PS

Fed the adopted one liver today........butt farts all day long.....

2 mushrooms and 2 round things

used bathroom, window and gutter sealent

I just know it's a red engine.....how do i find out what type it is please :)

Max - PLEASE

Scrape the stuff of the mushrooms - you need ventilation you will get loads of condensation (even a damp bed !!!)

Without air - you will die.

UNBLOCK THE VENTS NOW

I had this concern today that with the amount of sealant Max must have smothered the complete mushroom.

Max, you need air in the boat so must keep vents clear otherwise you will suffocate. Scrape the mushrooms to open them up and unblock any other vents you may have sealed off by sticking things over them.

If i don't block the vents i will get a lot of rain :( Boats dry on the inside though and i don't have a extra shower in the bathroom (made tinkling tricky) and with the big gap

in the front door i get lots of air (sometimes it whistles)

Maybe i did use Bitumen.......it's paint aint it......wanna make something of it? step outside the forum and we shall take up the manly sport of hair pulling Grrrr

If i don't block the vents i will get a lot of rain sad.png Boats dry on the inside though and i don't have a extra shower in the bathroom (made tinkling tricky) and with the big gap

in the front door i get lots of air (sometimes it whistles)

Maybe i did use Bitumen.......it's paint aint it......wanna make something of it? step outside the forum and we shall take up the manly sport of hair pulling Grrrr

Sorry , I didn't intend to offend you, I'm not brave enough to step outside the forum.

I don't think you will suffocate, especially if you have your windows open and low level vents unblocked. We often shut all our mushrooms during Winter, and haven't suffocated in the last 17 years.

Having said that, I would try unblock the vents as soon as you can (preferably in the daylight)

Edited by rusty69

Hi Max, you'll surely hate me even more after reading this, but I don't care, as I think that it has to be said.

After 2.5 months of boatownership and 62 (hilarious) forum pages, I think that you still don't know much at all about your boat.

Everytime I read on here about problems, old ones and new ones, and I'm afraid that you don't take all the good advises very seriously.

Now you're at a stage were you're playing with your health (life ?) .

It's more then time to do something about it, blaming everything on the helpful forummembers that didn't warn, or tell, you about this, that and the other doesn't get you any closer to a boat in better, and safer condition.

Don't forget that you're also responsible for 3 other living/loving creatures, even if you don't care enough about yourself.

Please try to become at least a bit more sensible, and continu to write your funny stories from a dry boat, with a dry bed, where it's nice and warm and with plenty of ventilation of fresh air.

Peter.

• Greenie 4

Greeno for Dr. Bargemaster. "This medicine will not taste nice but it will do you good".

To be fair, Peter, I think much of Max's "blaming" of other forum members is done jokingly. I think it's funny anyway and I know that I am not the only one.