42 feet of pure prettiness

MissMax

Featured Posts

I'm sure Max wants this kept quiet - so no chance !!!

Saturday 2nd September is her Birthday.

1st day on a boat and her XXth birthday as well.

She has offered Chocolate Donuts for every Forum member.

You may have to buy an up to date calendar, as I suppose that most people will have saturday listed as the 3th.

After all the bad things she wished to helpful forummembers, the Chocolate Donuts may have been made a punishment mixture.

Btw her real name Carrie, in relation to Stephen King doesn't scare me, I'll sleep with my eyes open to be prepared at all times.

Peter.

You may have to buy an up to date calendar, as I suppose that most people will have saturday listed as the 3th.

After all the bad things she wished to helpful forummembers, the Chocolate Donuts may have been made a punishment mixture.

Btw her real name Carrie, in relation to Stephen King doesn't scare me, I'll sleep with my eyes open to be prepared at all times.

Peter.

Thankyou - its been a long night / day worrying about Carrie and knowing that I cannot find the door key.

Hi..write her a list so that she can relate to what you say..I had lists and more lists and lists to correct lists and I got through.

I dunno about Carrie but when, as a woman blokes start talking about stuff I don't really get it takes ages to sink in.

Hope all goes well.

Thankyou - its been a long night / day worrying about Carrie and knowing that I cannot find the door key.

Stop worrying, it will make it hard to think clearly, and won't help you to sleep.

Tomorrow will be a new day (or maybe not) with or without Carrie if the spiders liked her.(I was reading that they love to live on blue boats)

Peter.

I hate my life. Mr Dave and Mr Enfield was right.

Boats are stupid, this boat is stupid :( blooming legs and bodies every where a whole heap of stuff that was supposed to be gone.

Did I mention I have more spider body's torsos legs and what ever than the law allows.

F F F spiders every where! Living dead undecided

buy two bug fumigators (the kind you light, not aerosol ones) Close all the windows, set the fumigators off and leave the boat for two hours. When you come back, open the doors and windows to clear the air. All the live spiders will be dead even the ones behind the walls. And so will their eggs and babies be. You just need to sweep up a few deceased zombies. Gives you a head start against the arachnid fiends

and the plug sockets don't work, haven't got a clue if it is the wattage (night light turns on in low light)

engine probably needs a good long run of 5-8 hours to charge up your batteries. Also your sockets might have an isolation switch on a panel somewhere

cooker not working (I can hear gas in the bottle) gas isolation lever is possibly in the off position

had engine on for 30 mins and gauge is still just touching 50% half an hour will barely get the charging cycle off the ground. Until you can get you batteries up to 100%, run your engine a good long time of several hours. And turn off the fridge and inverter when you turn the engine off if you can live without them, until you know your batteries are holding their charge well

Why didn't this forum stop me! You selfish bunch of Grrrr boaters!?

It's blooming horrible, blooming need a blooming stain or blooming something. I am flapping here. I am going to die tonight

Because of blooming women nomming spiders. I know that feeling - see advice above about zapping the lot of em What happens when it gets dark! buy some candles, matches and a head torch to tide you over in case you can't get the batteries charged. Don't even think about what the eight legged b*stards get up to after dark ;)

Why won't the gas work? How many times do you turn the knob? see my note above about the isolation lever which is likely to be near the gas cylinders. As for gas cooker knobs, usually you press them in then turn them (you'll hear the gas coming out) while pressing the ignitor button or lighting with a match. Keep them pressed in for a couple of seconds once lit which over rides the flame failure device which will otherwise put the flame back out again

Blooming no one here, blooming stupid boat.

Only good thing (I think) is that the seller never gave notice so she breached the marina contract

So she can't get cash back but I can stay till Sunday. Some one will show me the ropes (depends on staff and if bridge is fixed)

This has got to be the stupidest idea I have ever had :(

I don't fish neither do I :lol::boat:

Nearly ran away when the engine started (instructions are weird!!!) don't forget to turn up the revs a bit to charge the batteries

I want and need coffee. Can't have coffe as cooker not doing it's job! Buy a bottle of Coke to tide your caffeine fix over till you get the cooker going ;)

What's with all the blooming spiders! alas par for the course with boats, much to my dismay too and I've been living aboard for nine years

Who the heck has there boat strapped to me? kinda hoping you just mean a breasted up neighbour and not that you've been lashed across someone's bow like a 1920's heroin on a train track

I need a responsible adult now :( never been called that before so sorry, can't help you with that :D

Edited by BlueStringPudding

Peter.

pedants need to get their terminology right tongue.png

Just watched Nightwatch ride off into the midday sun, leaving me very happy (and slightly disappointed he escaped). The chap is far to flexible for his own good! and a great teacher (I feel my chest hairs growing with confidence)

I know what more of the downstairs bits do now, good job came as a lot of bottles needed topping up, poking and prodding. I have the biggest water tank in the world ! and I now know how to charge my battery's and what bits I need.

Nightwatch is in my list of people to clone. Thank you forum forgiving me the best birthday present ever!

PS

I may have been a bit stressed last night.... But those spiders were coming at me from all directions! and sleep is overrated.

I love my boat again :)

For now......

PS

Can you send Mike the Boilerman. Nightwatch said he would know the other bits I need explaining

Just watched Nightwatch ride off into the midday sun, leaving me very happy (and slightly disappointed he escaped). The chap is far to flexible for his own good! and a great teacher (I feel my chest hairs growing with confidence)

I know what more of the downstairs bits do now, good job came as a lot of bottles needed topping up, poking and prodding. I have the biggest water tank in the world ! and I now know how to charge my battery's and what bits I need.

Nightwatch is in my list of people to clone. Thank you forum forgiving me the best birthday present ever!

PS

I may have been a bit stressed last night.... But those spiders were coming at me from all directions! and sleep is overrated.

I love my boat again smile.png

For now......

PS

Can you send Mike the Boilerman. Nightwatch said he would know the other bits I need explaining

If nobody did what you've asked them to do to MtB : Can someone stick a lemon wedge in Mr Boilermans belly button please Grrrrrr

He may be able to help you out, if he's not too worried you're going to do your trick with the lemon wedge to him while he's trying to help you.

Peter.

Yes. Miss Max survived the night. I didn't see one spider. I suggested shed frightened them all away.

I've been a bit of a thicko. 240 sockets not working. Didn't see an inverter. Which could be the reason why. Just to prove my Alledged armour is not as shiney as it could have been.

I'm so sorry, didn't wish you a happy birthday. How am I supposed to know? For goodness sake.

As I mentioned, give it two or three years and you will have become quite competant. Enjoy, take it easy, less is better on the engine lever. Just make sure you have water disturbance coming out the back. Astern is your break.

May see you passing through Skipton.

MTB. I have put your name forward as a good bet for painting the inside of the water tank. Did I do good?

I had a complete mind block this morning.

MissMax has a small inverter. Being dim and under pressure,my excuse, I saw Max plug in the inverter into the wall socket. Of course it didn't work. What a numbskull.

MissMax. Your inverter came with, I assume!, crocodile clips. Not ideal, but these leads need to be connected to The + & - terminals of the domestic battery side. Better to get someone to advise who can 'point' appropriately.

If you are leaving Sunday, ask at Snaygill boats if you can connect a shore line. In the meantime.

You'll need to buy credit from them and get them to unlock the plug on the pedestal on the shore.

I'm really sorry I didn't realise that I hadn't realised. Been to Aldi yet? It's raining now.

Edited by Nightwatch
  • Greenie 1

You were to busy thinking about going back in the engine bay ( you love the steps ;) ) the invertor I have plugs into the cigerate connector inside the front room) charging the hand held vacuum I bought at Aldi. No adjustable spanner :( and no gas spanner so will pick up in Skipton tomorrow if bridge is fixed.

Sorry for any pain you may feel tomorrow, but you have to admit, you enjoyed the steps :D

You were to busy thinking about going back in the engine bay ( you love the steps wink.png ) the invertor I have plugs into the cigerate connector inside the front room) charging the hand held vacuum I bought at Aldi. No adjustable spanner sad.png and no gas spanner so will pick up in Skipton tomorrow if bridge is fixed.

Sorry for any pain you may feel tomorrow, but you have to admit, you enjoyed the steps biggrin.png

Inverters that plug into cigarette connectors are a menace. They so often overload the connector and destroy it. In effect anything over 100 watts will melt the connector. Even a pair of cricodile clops is better.

Inverters that plug into cigarette connectors are a menace. They so often overload the connector and destroy it. In effect anything over 100 watts will melt the connector. Even a pair of cricodile clops is better.

I have a 300W Maplins inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. It hasn't melted the plug in the three years I've had it...

(To my surprise!)

I have a 300W Maplins inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. It hasn't melted the plug in the three years I've had it...

(To my surprise!)

Aha, but do you run a 300 watt load from it?

If you do, and it hasn't melted the socket, please can you tell me the manufacturer of these 25 amp lighter sockets as I need to replace most of mine this winter - they've nearly all been melted by my little 12v 10amp Dustbuster over the years.

Dear Mr NightWatch . I was poking around the back end thinking of the happy moments we had together and found

1 pouch of Spaners 10 in total

1 Adjustable spanner

1 Funnel

All the things you needed when you were here! I think you hid them behind the paint cans when I went to get water

Because you didn't want to go back down the steps again :(

Well no Babcham for you tonight or any other night Grrrr. Off to poke the leaky fuel thing