Pulman dinette we want one

wullie

Featured Posts

As Ali said quite straight forward as long as you have the space, I would just add one thing, if your dinette is beside a window as most are, I would suggest you have seats that are high enough that you have a good view out of the window, if not raise the floor level under the seats and table like a step up to the dinette to give extra height, then when seated you have a good view out of the window, the space under the raised floor could also gives some extra storage space under the table.

We had a dinette and changed so we could have either a double bed or two singles as well as adequate, 4 person eating area. Now I know you want a dinette, so I won't describe how we did it but I just wanted you to know of reasons for not having a dinette.

As Ali said quite straight forward as long as you have the space, I would just add one thing, if your dinette is beside a window as most are, I would suggest you have seats that are high enough that you have a good view out of the window, if not raise the floor level under the seats and table like a step up to the dinette to give extra height, then when seated you have a good view out of the window, the space under the raised floor could also gives some extra storage space under the table.

Yes, raised dinette is important. I love sitting up there at the end of the day with the hatch open and the world within touching distance! Ours is also an L-shaped dinette which is (in our view) perfect because it keeps the space open to the lounge/tv/chairs area. Nobody has their back to anyone. Still makes up into a double bed for occasional visitors.

Jo_, on 24 Aug 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

Yes, raised dinette is important. I love sitting up there at the end of the day with the hatch open and the world within touching distance! Ours is also an L-shaped dinette which is (in our view) perfect because it keeps the space open to the lounge/tv/chairs area. Nobody has their back to anyone. Still makes up into a double bed for occasional visitors.

Second that -

Makes the best use of the space, especially with a removable table in the open part of the 'L'.

We retro fitted a Pullman half dinnette to our boat. Did it myself (I'm not a chippie) fairly straight forward job and didn't cost a lot, one 8x4 sheet of veneered ply did the lot. The tricky bit was figuring out how to size things to end up with four identical cushions, CAD came in handy. Got the cushions from Sarah at lime farm marina near Rugby, she did a great job and very reasonable price too.

Top Cat

Flexibility is the thing with all dinettes. If you want a pullman, consider how it will turn into a bed, but also an option we used to add.....the back rest on the side that often is next to the open saloon area...Make it removable. If the back is built so it has legs that slot into the seating box, it can also be fitted to slot the other way round, so you can sit with back to the table, facing the open saloon section. Increases "easy seating" for the saloon area. If it's raised, then a pull out drawer come foot rest can be created with a lid as a footrest, for when sitting towards the saloon, but is otherwise storage. That removable back also makes for an open ended bed for taller people to be more comfy.

Flexibility is the thing with all dinettes. If you want a pullman, consider how it will turn into a bed, but also an option we used to add.....the back rest on the side that often is next to the open saloon area...Make it removable. If the back is built so it has legs that slot into the seating box, it can also be fitted to slot the other way round, so you can sit with back to the table, facing the open saloon section. Increases "easy seating" for the saloon area. If it's raised, then a pull out drawer come foot rest can be created with a lid as a footrest, for when sitting towards the saloon, but is otherwise storage. That removable back also makes for an open ended bed for taller people to be more comfy.

:clapping:

I love stuff that does other stuff :)