most unusual narrow boat you have seen

magnetman

Featured Posts

They were selling off some of the umprire launches recently - not consuta but the petrol powered Greek names ones possibly Ariadne or something. I spotted it on a laah di daah look at my varnish thames motor launch sales site last year iirc

Here you go

http://www.apolloduck.co.uk/feature.phtml?id=244455

And they do go !!

Proper narrow boat - she has a weed hatch ;)

However, I think Majestic may be narrower than Consuta and from a different builder so maybe she actually is a narrow boat ?

Majestic is a Consuta plywood boat built by Saunders - same as Consuta

Richard

I went past the old Saunders boatyard site earlier this evening in my kayak. Its about 15 minutes above Cleeve lock on the Thames - it's just willow trees and a nature reserve now, amazing to think it was such a thriving and busy yard making such beautiful boats.

Back in 2008 when we were boat hunting we saw a boat at Whilton that looked like something out of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Regretably I didn't take any pictures, unfortunately.

To my eyes it looked hideous. Others may disagree however.

Any one else see this boat?

Cough, what did I say smile.png .The GU is a wide canal, shipping containers are allowed apparently.

And I thought that you were on the way down to Northampton.

Anyway this is a topic about narrow boats to a container boat is cheating. ;)

N

And I thought that you were on the way down to Northampton.

Anyway this is a topic about narrow boats to a container boat is cheating. ;)

N

The boat in question was moored on the long term moorings on the GU main line at Gayton junction, we did turn off down the Norhampton arm of course. It does seem to be a very unusual boat to me, even though not a narrowboat.

There is a boat in Braunston marina moored on the left of the second basin, where it has been for at least the last five years-anyone who has been on a boat in the parade will have passed it. It's called Cromwell and is dark green... I cannot find a pic.

It's.... Very decorative. Tunnel bands on the bow, lots of wooden crests and coats of arms and things.

Edited by Starcoaster