most unusual narrow boat you have seen

magnetman

Featured Posts

Any other oddities ?

This one is a one ok a kind as far as I know. Seen on Thames near wallingford

Crap cropped phone pic but hopefully visible

W​ell it has ship lap "cabin sides", .....probably a B&Q special...... :)

I saw one that appeared to be two square sterns welded to one another, the "bow" sitting higher than the stern, though can't remember where. I was later told that it was built in the style of a "Tom Pudding."

Not a narrowboatboat but there is a boat at Gayton Junction made out of a shipping container.

Wow, recent thread said that thing had been made at Willowbridge, so unless there's two of 'em it's made it through the Blisworth tunnel!

attachicon.gifDSC_4018 reduced.jpg[/quote

Nice. If we're talking tugs I spotted one of my favourites on the Thames at Oxford a few days ago. Its an old riveted tug so maybe 30s?. Very small and very capable.. Used to work on the river back in the 90s but I had not seen it for a long time. It is narrower than narrow ;)

I don't think that's jts original name

post-1752-0-93244100-1471984947_thumb.jpg

post-1752-0-89092100-1471985133_thumb.jpg

Not a narrowboatboat but there is a boat at Gayton Junction made out of a shipping container.

Can't be narrow then. Shipping containers are 8' wide.

N

The rowing coach boat is that on the Severn there are 3 or 4 of them

That's a pretty standard type, there's loads of them about, fairly low wash so can apply for the speed limit exemption, and able to carry up to 9 casualties if, in the worst case scenario, an eight sinks.

Edited by FadeToScarlet

That's a pretty standard type, there's loads of them about, fairly low wash so can apply for the speed limit exemption, and able to carry up to 9 casualties if, in the worst case scenario, an eight sinks.

Interesting about carrying the casualties. I like the old cox's boats long and thin with outboard in a well and two seats but had noticed they seem to be being retired. This could be a reason.

Interesting about carrying the casualties. I like the old cox's boats long and thin with outboard in a well and two seats but had noticed they seem to be being retired. This could be a reason.

Those are good fun to drive too, but I really want to get my hands on a proper Umpire's launch- preferably Consuta!