Taking boat to ashwood marina kingswinsford

bux

Featured Posts

I am near dudley and wolverhampton. What is shortest way to go on the canal to get to ashwood marina. Some one said it would take me approx 26 hours. Can't be right can it. Ashwood marina is only about 6oles by road from dudley. Can anyone enlighten me. And also do you know how many locks I might encounter. Thanks

I am near dudley and wolverhampton. What is shortest way to go on the canal to get to ashwood marina. Some one said it would take me approx 26 hours. Can't be right can it. Ashwood marina is only about 6oles by road from dudley. Can anyone enlighten me. And also do you know how many locks I might encounter. Thanks

6 miles I mean

You really need to say exactly where you are in Dudley/Wolverhampton as just a couple of miles can make a big difference as to how long it will take.

You can of course find out yourself by using this site:

http://canalplan.org.uk/

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

I am near dudley and wolverhampton. What is shortest way to go on the canal to get to ashwood marina. Some one said it would take me approx 26 hours. Can't be right can it. Ashwood marina is only about 6oles by road from dudley. Can anyone enlighten me. And also do you know how many locks I might encounter. Thanks6 miles I mean

Dudley/Wolverhampton is on top of a hill, so it is downhill ie a lot of locks, from there to anywhere else!

31 locks going via the Stourbridge canal. Depending on exactly where you are, probably about 12 hours but maybe longer if you will be single-handing through the locks.

Depending exacly where you start from it's going to be somewhere around 16 miles and 31 locks.

Around 12 hours, give or take a bit, depending on number and enthusiasm of crew, etc.

As Tim said above, your exact starting point can make a big difference.

You have the choice of the Stourbridge flight and up the Staffs and Worcs or down the Wolverhampton and down the Staffs and Worcs. The canal isn't as direct as the road.

Probably about 12 hours depending where you are starting from.