Gas Engineer Required

wallruss1967

Featured Posts

I have a 1969 Creighton Inlander 26ft Centre Cockpit GRP Cruiser and am based at King's Bromley Marina in Lichfield, Staffordshire.

The boat has a petrol outboard and used to have an instant water heater fitted but apparently this was removed years ago due to a change in the Boat Safety Regulations. However, I have now been informed that the regulations have changed again and I can now have one fitted.

Firstly, can somebody confirm that this is correct and, if so, please recommend a suitable Gas Engineer to quote and install the heater, I have scoured the internet but to no avail.

I look forward to your responses (hopefully)

"I heard it from a guy down the pub, he has one of them boats with rivets on, and his Butler told him his sister (who works for a gas installer) overheard it when taking the tea into a board meeting".

Before spending loads of £'s may I suggest that you email the BSS and ask the same question, get the answer in writing, and, if it is, in the affirmative keep a copy with your 'boat file' as it appears that some BSS examiners make up their own rules, &/or are not aware of the updates and changes.

I would expect there to be 'issues' with open flamed water heaters and petrol tanks, which is why I said email rather than telephone.

Edited by Alan de Enfield